BIG NEWS FROM THE LONE RANGER!!!

Submitted: Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 21:38
ThreadID: 122811 Views:4018 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
At least big news to us!!!! As you might know, I have been gone the past 8 days with four horses.... I am a bit shell shocked, a bit tired from a long big trip back from the Nationals... Two days for us traveling heavy with horses, dual cab Mack, quad bike and trailer, Bushtracker on behind... Have to rest the horses overnight on the way, and run to the Truckie Safety Laws. With a 19 metre Rig, I have to run a Log Book, and that is way over the limit to the Olympic Centre west of Sydney! BTW, saw a Bushtracker flash lights at us on the M2 to M7 interchange, but in traffic did not see who it was.?? Hello!

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS….!!! One of my Daughters, Jem Alisha Gibbs, just won Youth Champion of Australia at the Nationals.... They also took 5th and 6th in an Adult Event....

Any ways, Sydney Olympic Equestrian Center, National Reining Horse Association, Youth Champion of Australia for 2006 !!! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Boots and Saddles!!! .. Ha!

Not just boots and hat after all.... Ha! And you should have seen Her, I will forever remember her jumping into a Victory Lap around the Stadium and up to the Judges with a sliding stop on her horse "Docs be Quick" to the cheers of the crowd, to the head of the lineup to 6th place, to take her spot in the front for FIRST PLACE!! She will remember this for the rest of Her life! I will try an post a picture of us and the jewelled Trophy Buckle in front of the wreath of Victory Lane... !!!! ... later....

Best Regards from a tired lone Ranger...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fosssil - Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 22:10

Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 22:10
Well done to you and your Daughters Steve.
I can feel your pride in your Daughters, your horses and your rig from here...lol

regards,

fosss

AnswerID: 568940

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 22:53

Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 22:53
Thank you Fosss.... The Ranger is stuck with the young horses, 4 and 5 y.o. Quarter Horses aren't even finished growing yet, so I ran poorly!! My Daughters ran the two Veteran QH, 9, 10 year olds...

Best I did was 9th place in one event... Ha! LOL.. They had to do the Winners Circle all the way to 10th Place for me to squeek in somewhere!!

Ha! Beaten by both my Daughters.. Oh well, there will be next year..

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846076

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 01:34

Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 01:34
Steve I met a couple of horses that said they gave this yank bloke a bit of a hard time at the Sydney Equestrian Centre recently.
They were having a real giggle about it.
Said that they dragged him back to 9th place 'cause he gave them a bugger of a truck ride.

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568941

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 03:19

Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 03:19
First of all watch the Yank bulls**t... I am a Dinkey Di Naturalized, Citizen. Permanent Resident since the 80's haven't even visited since 1993. So watch it there.... lol !

And if it were not for the life giving of 250,000 Yanks just in the immediate Australian Campaign, your parents would have been planting rice for the Japanese... Ha! And you would not be here to drive that cute Yank truck... Ha! lol....

Now for the horses, mine are better looking, but your joke is probably right on!!! They are young, first big two day trip each way, they probably were not happy... Ha!

Thanks for the good humour and constant ribbing.... Wouldn't be the same without cha!
Keep it up, you should be the Laugh Master of the Bog... And where you get some of this stuff is really beyond me... Thanks from the Ranger

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846077

Follow Up By: Turist - Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:18

Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:18
"First of all watch the Yank bulls**t... I am a Dinkey Di Naturalized, Citizen. Permanent Resident since the 80's haven't even visited since 1993. So watch it there.... lol !"

Say after me.......AL-U-MIN-I-UM

Your version is a dead giveaway.

Hahaha

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 846078

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:08

Thursday, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:08
Here is a picture of the Buckle:

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568942

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:18

Thursday, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:18
and here's the cheesy grin of the Lone Ranger:

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568943

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:30

Thursday, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:30
Double click on the picture if you want to see a beautiful horse, that is Doc's Spinifex son.... And my Daughter obviously got Her good looks from her Mothers side... Ha! lol

Lone Ranger....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846079

Follow Up By: Mobi Condo - Thursday, Jul 27, 2006 at 04:46

Thursday, Jul 27, 2006 at 04:46
A few years back a nice man once told me that our four boys must have got their good looks from me. Oh! How my head swelled and my chest just grew - until that nice man then said - Yeah, I know, 'cos your wife still has hers! :-) L.O.L.
Cheers - Ian & Sally.
FollowupID: 846080

Follow Up By: Rockgoc - Friday, Jul 28, 2006 at 06:11

Friday, Jul 28, 2006 at 06:11
A huge Congratulations to all of you!!!! NOICE animal...............
and the horse is a beauty too!
Seriously, good on yer, we reckon you guys deserve this after the efforts you have been putting in.
Cheers from the desert.............L.A. western australia style (Laverton)
From SSAA Sheila
FollowupID: 846081

Our Sponsors