Grafton Bridge

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 03:22
ThreadID: 122812 Views:4226 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone negotiated the Grafton Bridge towing a BT? We're going that way in the next week and have seen a lot of evidence of vehicle/semi/caravan contact with the dog-leggy bit and don't want to scratch our pride and joy or have a head-on by going wide into oncoming traffic.
Nina & Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 06:34

Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 06:34
We did it a few months back - there is reasonable width, it just appears worse because of the curve. Like all things, just slow down for the conditions.

AnswerID: 568944

Reply By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 18:02

Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 18:02
The lone Ranger was just there, and while it does look a bit scary there is plenty of room. My rig is 19 metres long, dual cab Mack 4x4 horse truck towing a 22' Bushtracker... You probably have about a half metre clearance on each side, it just looks tight and scary... Slow way down, look carefully, but I think I could get a B-Double through it... Ha!

I'll see if I can't get a picture of my rig on here, and then you won't feel so bad... Just went over it three days ago on Sunday. Mind you I have had practice, the bridge into Taree is just as bad maybe worse, and I often stop on the far side at the Showgrounds when on the coast... Look into your rear view mirrors to see the clearance as well, it will help you with confidence a bit..

Cheers, da Ranger stuck in da BOG....

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568945

Reply By: Avalon Boggers - Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 18:08

Tuesday, Jul 25, 2006 at 18:08
Thank you Steve. We've seen your rig and are now completely confident we'll have no problems. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter and family on recent horsy events. WELL DONE!!!!
AnswerID: 568946

Our Sponsors