New F250 For 2008

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 12, 2006 at 21:42
ThreadID: 122847 Views:3818 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Looks like Ford are trying to catch up with the General, the 2008 F250 has nearly as much horsepower as the Chevy, only about 3/4 of the Chevy torque though.

Question is, will Ford release a RHD version in Aus.?

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 18:39

Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 18:39
2008 FORD? If they do come back to Oz, you can bet the lone Ranger will have one. Fords are simple, not overly complex, and are still the workhorse all over the world. Paramedics: Ford, Logging: Ford, Oil Pipelines: Ford, Forestry: Ford, Fire Department: Ford, Game Warden: Ford, Contractors: Ford, Horsemen: Ford, Tractor Pulls: Ford, Commercial Trucks pulling pantech trailers: Ford...I could go on but it is redundant.....

Ford would fill 80-90% of all those categories for well over 500 Million People in the world... Ford holds the record for THE MOST massive horsepower and torque left in the engine for you to tap with aftermarket chip programs, and Ford holds the record for longevity of the engine, by nearly double the others.. !!! Ford holds the record for handling the toughest of abuse all over the world...

If they come back to Oz in a reasonable form, the lone Ranger will have one. In the meantime or if they do not come back, the reserve horsepower you can extract from the 7.3 litre donk, and incredible torgue, with options available on the engine, and the monobeam solid front axle housing, still makes our 7.3 POWERSTOKE the KING of 4x4 TRUCKS...

For the town and country Gentlemans car, you can always get a Chevrolet. Ha!

A good ribbing for Bob's Chevrolet..... Let me know when you want to do a tractor pull..

Regards, lol, lol, lone Ranger...

AnswerID: 569072

Follow Up By: Turist - Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 20:23

Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 20:23
Did you happen to notice that Frod are also going with the "Under & Over" 4 headlam design.

Chasing the Chevy lead again.
Success breeds imitation.
Bit like Jayco putting chequer plate armour on thier vans.
Following the leader wouldn't you say Steve.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 846153

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 21:24

Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 21:24
I dunno Bobby, when the new Ford comes out, you may be in the wings wanting the Nationwide Service and the latest Design yourself....

"Better keep your words nice and sweet"
"You never know which ones you'll eat"

Nerer know, ya might get lucky an be drivin a FORD....
Ha! Dats from da lone Ranger..
FollowupID: 846154

Reply By: Turist - Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 22:16

Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 22:16
I suppose that some vehicles require a service backup like that. (Nationwide)
Come to think of it I used to have one.
Took Frod 16 days to locate a computer module.
Not sure which nation that they had to search wide for it.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 569073

Follow Up By: Turist - Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 22:35

Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 22:35
On a more serious note, the Chev uses the OBD11 diagnostic system.
GM dealers are able to download codes, analyse, perform upgrades etc.
Spare parts should not be more of an issue than with any other brand.
Our F250 was off the road on 3 occassions awaiting parts (under warranty), total days out of service exceeded 36.
Ford would not make a seperate air freight consignement of parts, had to wait until "next available delivery."

My Chev warranty covers "Immediate air freight" delivery for parts not available in Aus.
This normally means around 3 days plus customs time, better than some "local" deliveries.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 846155

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 23:09

Monday, Aug 14, 2006 at 23:09
Lighten up Bob,
Your'e gonna give yourself a fit !!!

With all the Fords running I have not even heard of a record like that... And Ford runs the OBD11, same system... I got a spare CPS even though I did not need it, air mailed from www.powerstrokeshop.com in three days!!

Look, don't worry so much, you are gonna have a fine resale on your Chevy, when you sell it ..... TO GET THE NEW FORD... Ha! Ha! lol.... Don't fret, there will be some weak, old, dottering, suburban dwelling person, just dying to get your Chevy when you sign up FOR YOUR NEW FORD... ha! lol....

niggle niggle niggle.... gosh you are easy to wind up... Ha! lol... Chevy Driver! Ha!
FollowupID: 846156

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:57

Thursday, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:57
Just thought that I should check out these Frod forums.

Featured article this week.....How to remove chewing tobacco stains from the drivers door.

Now that says something

Ha

Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 846157

Our Sponsors