18' BT FOR SALE

Submitted: Monday, Aug 21, 2006 at 17:49
ThreadID: 122865 Views:6673 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi folks,
a year+ in traveling ‘around-the-block’ and now it’s time to return to NZ. Unfortunately most roads in NZ are only fit for sheep or Jaycos so it’s with great regret that we are letting go of the BT. A big thank you to both the public and BT owners forums where we researched our dream journey requirements. Also, a big thanks to attendees at the 2005 Copeton rally and all those BT owners we have met on the road for their friendship, help and advice on all things BT and traveling around Oz in general. BT owners are certainly a loyal and passionate group.

BUSHTRACKER 18’; manu. July 2002, first reg. August 2005, (in covered storage for 3 years) king size yacht berth with 200mm latex mattress, oversize ensuite, café style table folds to extra bed, café seats oversize width, alu. body armour, 12” commercial brakes, 3 x 80litre water tanks ( 1 x pot, 2 x non-pot), 2 door x 190 liter Danfoss compressor fridge/freezer (with opening side support mod), large kitchen/bench space, solar panels 3 x 120watt with 3 hybrid batteries ( batteries new Aug 05 ), 30 Amp digital multimeter regulator, 35 Amp fully automatic two stage boost and float charger (serviced May 06 with latest programming update), huge underbed storage area accessed by two external cargo doors, microwave, Caprice oven/grill in stainless steel and black, 2 x led lighting, Panasonic 45W cd/radio/mp3, 4 seasons vent, 2 windup vents, Aussie Traveller awning with tentex 2 sides + canvas end, awning floor, normal length ‘A’ frame with Hayman Reese AT35 coupling, 750lb distribution hitch with adj. head to suit Toyota and associated load distribution arms. Wheels/tyres 5 stud Toyota LC.
This honest example of a Bushtracker has traveled ~ 30,000kms and is ready to go.
Price: $68,000

Option to buy BT with Toyota Landcruiser100 series 4.2 TD GXL, Reg. in August 2005, with aftermarket ARB; nitrocharger shocks, Polyair airbags, medium OME springs, torsion bar (and front end reinforcing kit), front & rear diff locks (rarely used) and compressor, Tekonsha brake controller, UHF: GME TX3400 , UH041 handheld, Safari snorkel, 3 Rhino rack sportz bars, Aussie Truck Mirrors, plus $$$s unused recovery gear; exhaust jack, tirfor/cable, pulley, shackles, snatch strap, extension strap, tree protector, R&R Beadbreaker, puncture repair kit, Staun deflators, Maytow 1tonne load indicating hydraulic jack (for weight on ball), spares; oil filter/air filter/fuel filters/gen belt/aircon belt, Cooper STs 265/75R16 10ply (no punctures!); 43,000kms.
Price negotiable with BT
(Note: I will keep cruiser if not sold with BT)

Contact us on 040 5685 662
or rjwgb@ihug.co.nz

We are currently in Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast area.

Richard and Wendy Borland
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Aug 21, 2006 at 18:06

Monday, Aug 21, 2006 at 18:06
Richard,
That sounds cheap, judging from the prices people have been getting... Some have gotten upwards of $80k and more... Don't know if it will sell just off the BOG, but an adv in "Caravan Trader" usually does the trick. The problem in the timing for the magazine... On the wrong timing it can take a up to two months to get the adv out. On one of our vans it sold to the first Caller of about 50 on the first day or so the advertisement came out.

Cheers, Ranger
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569136

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Monday, Aug 21, 2006 at 21:06

Monday, Aug 21, 2006 at 21:06
Hi Richard & Wendy

I have sent you a member message,

Steve, we look forward to our BT meeting on Monday morning

Cheers
M&V
AnswerID: 569137

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Aug 21, 2006 at 21:27

Monday, Aug 21, 2006 at 21:27
Actually,
If anyone wants a good buy, this van is Booked in to be here at Bushtracker on Wednesday to have a damaged solar panel fitted per insurance ... I will look it over for you if you like.

Look, at $68,000, my Office Manager Matthew comments to me this morning was along the line of "We should buy it, we could resell it for a profit.."... Too which I said: " Yea right, well will store it on the lot we just bought, where is that now? We also cannot be seen to taking advantage or gouging people by buying the good deals and reselling ourselves"... .... ..... But it is tempting.

If you are reading this, any where close in NSW or QLD, pack a lunch and get going tomorrow. It will be here Wednesday. You could do a lot worse, I can assure you..

Mind you it is not my cup of tea,
I would rather new and on Warranty...
But if you are going to by second hand,
This is a good value.

Regards from the Lone Ranger, tryin to look after everyone...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569138

Reply By: apteryx - Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 03:55

Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 03:55
Steve,
the deal just got better. Forgot to add we have one of those Electrolux Dometic Aircons which missed my original list.
Cheers
Richard & Wendy
AnswerID: 569139

Reply By: apteryx - Friday, Aug 25, 2006 at 02:19

Friday, Aug 25, 2006 at 02:19
Hi guys,

sorry,..... BT and cruiser both sold today to two happy (new) BT owners.

Richard & Wendy
AnswerID: 569140

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Friday, Aug 25, 2006 at 03:09

Friday, Aug 25, 2006 at 03:09
Congrats Richard and Wendy
We might see you along the Gibb River Road again one day.
Bob
FollowupID: 846190

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Aug 25, 2006 at 03:32

Friday, Aug 25, 2006 at 03:32
But will they also be happy Boggers?

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 569141

Reply By: Tassie Bushies - Sunday, Aug 27, 2006 at 00:24

Sunday, Aug 27, 2006 at 00:24
Hi Richard & Wendy.
Well I guess you won't be at Copeton now. Happy travelling where-ever.
We really enjoyed your little stop overs - Tassie & Anakie, & will miss seeing you about - untill we get over to NZ in a couple of years, anyway.
Keep us posted, on your whereabouts.
Regards Peter & Jennifer.
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569142

Our Sponsors