Copeton rally 2006

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 23:19
ThreadID: 122871 Views:4144 Replies:6 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Firstly congratulations on a very informative and well run organisation.
We currently own a Campomatic off road trailer with all the bells & whistles.
In the not to distant future we intend to buy an off raod caravan and Bushtracker are at the top of the list.
Could we please get some feed back as to whether it would be acceptable for us to visit the site at Copeton talk to some BT owners and get some ideas.
We understand that the dinner is for financial members only.

Best wishes

Rob & Shayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 23:27

Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 23:27
You are welcome to visit and you will not be the first to do so. Happens at every rally.
Camping is available at Copeton, about 2 k's from our camp.
Camp there and drive around, I am sure that you will be welcomed, but be careful, this type of visit usually results in a new van faster than you may want.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 569160

Follow Up By: Rob & Shayne - Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 23:55

Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 23:55
Thankyou for the quick reply Turist, we will be there and look forward to meeting BT owners. Once again thankyou. Rob & Shayne
FollowupID: 846203

Reply By: Rob & Shayne - Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 23:51

Tuesday, Aug 22, 2006 at 23:51
Thankyou for the quick reply Turist, we will be there and look forward to meeting BT owners. Once again thankyou. Rob & Shayne
AnswerID: 569161

Reply By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 00:40

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 00:40
Hello Rob & Shayne,
Welcome to the BOG!!

Now, as to Bushtrackers, by all means come to Copeton. But don't listen to them, don't listen to me, don't listen to ANYONE....(just joking)...... But seriously this is what I suggest: Go to the respective Factories and see how the vans are made. If you do, I can gaurantee you, Bushtracker will have no competitors. They may copy our style, but when you get down to the bones, there is no second place and a trip to the Factory will prove that to you...

They all look the part on the outside skin, mind you I think our finish is better, and we have better equipment, and better engineering, but don't buy anything until you see how it is made on THE INSIDE... OK?

The proof is in the pudding, and you can prove it to yourself if you take the time to look
Regards, lone Ranger, trying to look after everyone...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569162

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 02:08

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 02:08
Careful Rob and Shayne,

Probably end up being the most expensive camping trip you will ever do. Boggers love spending other people's money! Don't say you weren't warned.

Angie
AnswerID: 569163

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 02:53

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 02:53
Hello Angie,
Long time no hear from Cyclone Angie.... Bet you are looking at a Cruise Ship to come back to Oz... See ya soon,
Ranger.....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846204

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 14:13

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 14:13
Well the latest is that Ivan hates being over here so we are coming home. He is coming back to Oz in October and I will follow later after my mum and dad have been over for a holiday.

His plan at this stage is to pick up the van and Effie from KI, then go through to Tibooburra for December/January. The population is about 50,000 there I have been told - 50,000 flies that is. Not for this little black duck so I will stay here where it is a little colder and the air is fly free. Then when I fly back into Melbourne he will pick me up and we will start travelling again. Not near KI this time where the mother in law is.

So back sooner than we thought. But hey! no place like home. Will drop in for a coffee when we get to Bushtracker area Steve.

Angie
AnswerID: 569164

Follow Up By: Turist - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 18:42

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 18:42
Tibooburra for December/January

The Pommy frost must have got in between his ears.
And the fly count is wrong, should be 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, Continued......

Anyhow, welcome back to Boggerland.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 846205

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 19:20

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2006 at 19:20
Yea, what he said above....!!

Angie, tell him he has got the seasons messed up... Tibooburrra in January? What out of the snow in Pomeland to 50 degree C? He can bake an apple pie setting it on the bonnet of the tow vehicle, while he is flipping eggs and frying bacon on the same... That and he will be eating breakfast to the smell of melting tyre rubber (not really but just about)... Ha! Coming from winter in England to Hell in one swoop? Crazy!

Ranger

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846206

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Thursday, Aug 24, 2006 at 06:38

Thursday, Aug 24, 2006 at 06:38
We bought a leg of mutton at the Augathella Butcher about a month ago....Froze it, brought it home and then thawed it. Cooked it in a slow oven for 31/2 hours and it was the best thing since sliced bread. The flies would have loved it but it was all gone before you could say "Angie and Ivan"

Great news Angie!! But Tibooburra in January? You've got to be kidding!!. There's 100,000,000,000,000 flies there in June, let alone January!! (Bob's count is correct!!)

Ivan, turn right at Adelaide and follow the coast to Nelson Bay where you will find a free camp at the Caldwell's. We swat the bastards here!!

Cheers...........Rob
AnswerID: 569165

Our Sponsors