Thailand working holiday

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 30, 2006 at 05:16
ThreadID: 122885 Views:4234 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Some of you might remember me from the story and photoes of our Bushtracker suviving Cyclone Lary. I don't think we ever thanked Steve for posting that for us, so Thank you Steve.
We are still living in Thailand and will be here for another 15 months befor we return home to Qld. The Van will still be waiting for us to start another adventure of working our way around Aus.Yes the Van is being looked after by our Daughter.
I go on line every day to keep up with the latest news, so keep it coming.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Aug 30, 2006 at 14:29

Wednesday, Aug 30, 2006 at 14:29
Hi Miker,

We are in London and away from our beloved BT as well, so now how you feel. Our van is being looked after by Ivan's brother and Ivan is on his way home in October to get it ready for our return. We have missed the lifestyle so much we are coming home early and heading for Plan B as far as our retirement options.

Angie
AnswerID: 569223

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Aug 30, 2006 at 17:56

Wednesday, Aug 30, 2006 at 17:56
Buck and Babe, I will digress into a silly state of "Life Philosophy" for a moment: At some point in Life, some of us are fortunate enough to realize that we have more money than time...... At some point we no longer want to sacrifice time for more money. For instance, myself. I have been holding reserves since before Bushtracker. I have decided to commit to doing something good, and I am in the Process of building a $200-$250,000 Indoor arena to benefit the Riding for the Disabled on my horse property. Crazy? Yea, by some standards. Am I trying to purchase Salvation? No, it is not for sale... So why? Well, I reckon that with the time I have left, one of the high points of my Life will be the happy faces I can put on the Less Fortunate.
"There but by the grace of God go I".... I can't fix them, but maybe I can facilitate the high point of their lives and the horses motion is direct therapy for their bodies..

Myself, I have already retired once years ago, already traveled most the World I want to see, already had my Jaguars and other exotic cars, long before Bushtracker... So what now? Well I will get great and happy feelings as I put "Joy" on the faces of the "Less Fortunate" ... In fact the numbers have swelled to more than the 80 enrolled now, as it seems another group really needs the facilities as well.

At some point in Life, you realize you have more money than time. Happiness is not measured by money, you have to at some point stop chasing money and live with other priorities. Me? I don't have to be rich, I am committing reserves to get another kind of happiness, much more satisfying. We all have a version of this, our "feel good measure"... Maybe we don't have to have the impressive status symbol house, maybe a wooden verandah with Kookooburas will do. My priorities have grown beyond society.

I am not trying to help you justify your return "Buck and Babe", but at some point you realize that you cannot buy more time. I am committing reserves for my own version of "warm and fuzzy" feelings. I am going for quality of life. All big City Success did for me in the 80's and 90's, was get me high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels... I think as some point you change your priorities and get back to basics.

No one remembers your social status when you are gone. No one remembers your fancy status car, or your fancy status house. You can't take any of it with you. All that remains when you are gone, is the good you have done for other people...

I guess the Lone Ranger has dropped out again. Now I value sitting by the fire out Bush more than fancy restaurants.

Regards, LR
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846250

Follow Up By: Fosssil - Sunday, Sep 03, 2006 at 22:15

Sunday, Sep 03, 2006 at 22:15
Hi Steve...
I like the logic and philosophising in your post.
Regards,
fosss
FollowupID: 846251

Reply By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Aug 30, 2006 at 17:51

Wednesday, Aug 30, 2006 at 17:51
Well Miker, The thanks go out to you for such fun pictures and good story. I really appreciate opportunities like that one, to put more interest into the site for Bushtracker Owners and Wanna Bees.... The truth really is, that the more people are exposed to Bushtracker, the more converts we have from other brands that only copy the style but lack the structure.. So the thanks go out to you, for your great contribution...

We will welcome you and "Bushtracker Buck and Babe" home...
Regards, lone Ranger...

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569224

Our Sponsors