Steve Irwin........

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 05, 2006 at 21:41
ThreadID: 122900 Views:3777 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I feel very empty and sad this morning after the tragic death of our Crocodile Hunter...Steve Irwin

The home of the Crocodile Hunter is just 30 minutes from my house, and probably 20 mins or so from the Bushtracker Factory, and being so close, there is a natural feeling of being Neighbours...I also feel how one might feel when a persons home town tragically loses a hero or a legend.
I used to drive past Australia Zoo on my way to golf twice a week over the past 20 years or so, and I saw the Zoo growing year by year over the past 10, to what it is now...
My brother came up from S.A. this year, and we all trooped off to the Zoo...what a Panoramic spectacle of wildlife...I was most impressed...We also saw an spoke to Steve...he was a natural Wildlife Warrior

What a waste of life...may his Legacy live on.

Regards,

fosss
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Sep 06, 2006 at 02:15

Wednesday, Sep 06, 2006 at 02:15
fosss,

Totally agree. I always felt that Steve was a good ambassador for his country despite the publicity about his rightness or wrongness in dealing with some situations. I got the same feeling of sadness when I heard that John Denver died. Too young, too soon.

I take comfort that Steve would have been the first to say Crikey! What a way to go. Doing something I love, in a beautiful place I love and not really having time to become old and decrepit. That we should all be so lucky.

Terri and the children will be much comforted by the thoughts and prayers of people from all around the world. I am surprised about how the Brits are responding to all this. He was a bit of a favourite over here.

Angie
AnswerID: 569279

Follow Up By: Fosssil - Wednesday, Sep 06, 2006 at 04:14

Wednesday, Sep 06, 2006 at 04:14
Big news everywhere...I just happened to be tuned into the Parliament session today and each leader spoke for many minutes each on the topic...probably about 12 minutes in total...quite a tribute.
fosss
FollowupID: 846288

Our Sponsors