Hoping to view some 18’ vans at Copeton on Saturday 16th

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 09, 2006 at 09:37
ThreadID: 122908 Views:3868 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
The final decision is drawing nearer and at the very sensible suggestion of Keith and Sue we have decided to make the 900 km trip to the Copeton weekend to view as many vans as we can, travelling to Copeton on the Friday and returning home on the Sunday. We are especially interested in viewing 18’ vans as that is the ideal size for the only parking space in our yard. We might stretch to 19’ but that would be tight. We have travelled and camped/caravanned off-road for over 20 years, so have a pretty good idea of what we can do without (and what we would now NOT like to do without).
Perhaps some kind bloggers who will be at Copeton on Saturday 16th and currently travel in the similar size van we have in mind would let us have a look at their layout. We would be pleased to hear from anyone who can help us, and if you would send us a message beforehand that would be great.
Many thanks in anticipation.
CD&JW
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Theywent Thataway - Saturday, Sep 09, 2006 at 22:03

Saturday, Sep 09, 2006 at 22:03
Hi guys - after having visited the factory in July I will also be doing the same thing and heading for Copeton on the Sunday from Sydney, but looking more at the 20-21' range. The way in which this owners group has been built makes for such a great opportunity to find out peoples experiences first hand. I was so impressed by the factory tour and the quality of materials and workmanship that Copeton became a must. I will be interested to look at layouts in that size range but even more so, any lessons learnt.

See you there.
David.
the scruB ark...on The Way

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Fiamma Carry Bike for sale

AnswerID: 569294

Follow Up By: Theywent Thataway - Tuesday, Sep 19, 2006 at 10:57

Tuesday, Sep 19, 2006 at 10:57
Hi all - the trip to Copeton was really time well spent. Not only did we get some excellent feedback and great ideas but we also got to meet some really great & friendly people.

Particular thanks go to Phil & Lorraine and Peter & Jennifer for all the time they spent with us (despite get close to wine tasting time) and to the others who also gave us their time to assist us in our quest for BT knowledge.

We hope Steve realises what a strong sales force he has in his current owners!!!!!

Now we just have to wade through the photos and all the info we got to decide on our next steps. I am sure we will have more questions as we get closer to placing an order in the next 12mths or so.

David & Heather.
the scruB ark...on The Way

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Fiamma Carry Bike for sale

FollowupID: 846303

Reply By: Tassie Bushies - Sunday, Sep 10, 2006 at 21:29

Sunday, Sep 10, 2006 at 21:29
Hi Guys.
Suggest you don't only look at 18-19 footers, as most layouts including our 20ft could be quite easily be shortened, if that is all you can possibly handle for whatever reason.
See you there.
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569295

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Sep 11, 2006 at 00:59

Monday, Sep 11, 2006 at 00:59
You will find plenty of owners only too willing to let you check out their vans.
I hope you bring a big memory card for your digital camera, and plenty of note paper, as you will not be able to remember all the things that we owners have put in our vans to get them more user friendly to the way we want to use our vans. It would be hard to find any 2 vans that are the same.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 569296

Reply By: Rob & Shayne - Monday, Sep 11, 2006 at 19:01

Monday, Sep 11, 2006 at 19:01
Looks as though there will be quite a few prospective BT owners at Copeton.
We are also heading to Copeton from Port Stephens on 14th. untill following week.
Look forward to talking to current owners as well as prospective as we are looking for ideas for our van.
We are camping in other camp ground at Copeton. CampoMatic camper trailer and 100 series cruiser.
See you there.
Rob & Shayne
AnswerID: 569297

Our Sponsors