Pictures of 2 Trophy Heads Collected From Copeton Rally....

Submitted: Monday, Oct 02, 2006 at 21:07
ThreadID: 122971 Views:3287 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Certifiably Crazy? Maybe, you judge.... We covered a bit of ground on Horseback and found these both. My one Daughter Jem Alicia is a bit of an Artist, and has done them up a Trophies of the trip...

We will proudly have them added to our Horsemans Museum sort of collection around the house and stables.... What do you think? Crazy?

We love collecting this sort of thing... Covering big ground on horseback, it makes it a bit of a treasure hunt !!
The one is a Cow Skull, that is obvious… The other is a dried giant Murray Cod head…!!! One Biiiiiig fish..

She is such an artist, we will have to get Her some Steer Skulls with horns..!! To a bit of artwork on…!

For your Enjoyment, (or horror if you think we are crazy...Ha!).... Ranger, out on the edge ........

Regards from the Ranger…
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Oct 03, 2006 at 23:04

Tuesday, Oct 03, 2006 at 23:04
What? 140 Viewings and NOBODY says we are crazy!!!

Wow! Now that really is scary.... Maybe we aren't so far off the track after all..Lol..!!!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569476

Reply By: gottabjoaken - Wednesday, Oct 04, 2006 at 04:42

Wednesday, Oct 04, 2006 at 04:42
Not crazy, Ranger, you have to support the artistic talent.

Mind you, pet rocks are less troublesome.

We had one camping trip when No 2 son - at the age of three - decided bones were cool.

Every time we stopped he would wander off in the bush while we made camp and would come back with a handful of trophies.

Skulls, bones, hoofs - anything.

We drew the line somewhat forcefully when I found a leg bone of a cow, with skin and sinews still attached, tucked under the front seat about two days after we had started wondering why the air was so fresh whenever we got out of the car!

So... let the ants do their work first!!!

We did have a garden full of skulls for years, and had to explain to friends that we did feed the pets really!

Ken
AnswerID: 569477

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Wednesday, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:30

Wednesday, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:30
Hey Mama were all Crazee now :-)

I think thats how the song went

[quote]We drew the line somewhat forcefully when I found a leg bone of a cow, with skin and sinews still attached, tucked under the front seat about two days after we had started wondering why the air was so fresh whenever we got out of the car! [/quote]

Now that is funny LOL glad it was your car and not mine ;-)

Cheers
M&V
FollowupID: 846430

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Oct 04, 2006 at 18:15

Wednesday, Oct 04, 2006 at 18:15
Thank you Ken,
For the "Reality Check"... I missed out on the "Old West". About 150 years too late. But that is one of the main reasons I am in Oz, out west here is about as close as you can get to it with western Horse Culture. I think I will spend the rest of my live traveling with horses, welcome on Stations, Showgrounds, Stockyards, all over. Even at Copeton I realized riding around the 50 vans, it was about as close as I could get to being a Scout for the Wagon Train of 150 years ago! Ha!

We collect all old western memorabilia, wagon wheels, old gate parts, horse tack, all the bits and pieces where ever we go to surround ourselves with a feel of the Outback and old west... Only my Wife has rebeled, and most of the "horse crap" as She called it, has been exiled to my horse property and stables... Oh well...

The Outback Bushtracker Experience is Live and Well out on my horse property... I can tell you that!!! I would probably be running a Cattle Station out west somewhere, if not for Bushtracker, Kids, and Family Responsibilities here.. So I am making a little mini Outback Station here on the fringe of things... Ha! Yea, probably am crazy...
But that Crazy will keep Bushtracker going with travel and invention for the foreseeable future.. Ha!

Best Regards, Ranger....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846431

Our Sponsors