In recognition of the support of our Sponsors

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 12, 2006 at 19:27
ThreadID: 122989 Views:3928 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
When this particular BOG Forum was established, the objective was to provide a “meeting place” for people who were interested in, or who owned, a Bushtracker Caravan.

People could share experiences, gain knowledge and be part of a community who whilst geographically dispersed, could come to a common meeting place on the Forum. Our previous forum, hosted by MSN, was a great start but there were some problems and deficiencies and the new Forum has addressed these. There was however a considerable commercial risk associated with the establishment of the BOG Forum. There were the costs of building the system and the annual costs of having it hosted by a reliable web hosting company.

We were indeed fortunate that the Directors of Bushtracker agreed to support us and they pledged to cover the annual costs of hosting the Forum. Without their support in the first year, there might have been some problems. Now, we are up and running and our membership is strong (over 200 Financial Members).

This year we were able to achieve one of the Association’s objectives, the support the Royal Flying Doctor Service. This year, the Association made a donation of $3,000 to the RFDS at our Rally at Copeton.

But is worth remembering that the success we enjoy today and the strength of the Association might have been quite different had it not been for the financial support we received from Bushtracker and our other sponsors.

Why this post now? Because just this week, we received a cheque from Bushtracker to once again cover our web hosting costs. It is a significant amount of money and even more significant is the fact that as in past years, the cheque was sent to the Association without even a prompt!

So on behalf of the Committee and Membership, thankyou to the Directors of Bushtracker in particular and also our other sponsors for helping us to get this Forum up and running in the first place and for their continued support
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Oct 12, 2006 at 20:21

Thursday, Oct 12, 2006 at 20:21
Thank you Motley for the Public recognition, I did not ask for it, as you would know.. Thank you for the kind words.

Fellow Boggers- Lone Ranger here... Look, I said something at this years AGM, that I will say now on this Public Forum. I was well off and successful before Bushtracker. It is no longer about money now. This has become my Lifestyle. Bushtracker has become an Icon, an Institution, and I am only the Caretaker now, and I have a responsibility to 50 families and 100 Suppliers, and 1000 Customers to do the right thing and keep this all going.... It has become my Life now after 10 years, my Lifestyle. I had children late in life, and as many of you would know I still have two 13 year old Girls at home, and we campaign Western Reining Horses on a National Level... I am here for the long haul with Bushtracker, it has become what I do. My course is set for at least the next ten years or longer.... What else am I going to do besides travel with Bushtracker and take care of Bushtracker...???? That and campaign -compete with Reining horses, what else IS there to do that would be this satisfying??????

I pledge to the Bog, that with my guidance we will continue to do the best job possible, with the best materials, and take care of people the best way we can for the foreseable future. It is no longer about business or money, it is about my own personal Lifestyle, and doing the right thing by people as best a physically possible. It is about the Bushtracker Lifestyle.

And I will continue to contribute TIPS, and try to be a help, and support this Bushtracker Owners Group Association here as long as I am welcome. This year at the Annual Rally, my eyes were opened even wider to the long lasting Lifetime friendships that are established with the Boggers.. We will only do the right thing, it has become part of our Life now, something that I will carry on, and we want to return something to it in the way of help and friendship to the Bushtracker Lifestyle... Our way of saying Thank You, and carrying on something that is proving to be bigger than all of us. We will only do the right thing.

Best Regards to all from the lone Ranger,

Semper Fidelis
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569520

Follow Up By: Landy - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 19:00

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 19:00
Steve

You champion. You have certainly assisted me and the wife with advice over the year we have owned our Bushtracker. The good wife is in Sydney for medical treatment that will keep us off the road for a while, we just can't wait to get back out there. Bushtracker is our way of life too.
Best regards mate for your generosity and help

Bill C
FollowupID: 846463

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:43

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:43
Motley,
Excellent news. I have always supported the RFDS it is a brilliant service as any of you unfortunate to have had to use them will know.

Personally I am a two times user, once after doing a 6 metres fall from the roof of the new double storey house - with a pike and two and a half twists. The entry caused all the damage.... The second was a very serious infection some time after after the orginal accident. I am now entitled to Frequent Flyer Points when travelling with them.

Ours thanks also go to the Ranger - for his ongoing support of the Forum and value that his tips and techno suppport thats outstrips anything else in the industry - which has more than it's share of "Dodgy Operators"

John and Jean

AnswerID: 569521

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 16:59

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 16:59
Steve, you and the rest of the crew at BT are fine examples of the spirit of the Bogger site and what we all want to achieve in the way of a good lifestyle. We are very proud to have you as sponsors and as friends.

Angie and Ivan
The Babe and Buck
AnswerID: 569522

Reply By: The Tower Trackers - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 08:18

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 08:18
Hi Motley, The Directors of Bushtracker and other Sponsors of the BOG site.

We would like to, as well, add our congratulations to the association on the generous donation to the RFDS from the Copeton Rally, well done to the Boggers!!

Also a particular thankyou to the Directors of Bushtracker and other sponsors for the generous financial support to keep the site up and running.

We were not at the rally this year, but hopefully will be at the one next year.

Although don't participate much on the site, check it regularly for bits of news etc.

Once again thankyou and we appreciate all that you do for the Boggers!!!!

Regards
Tony & Margie
AnswerID: 569523

Our Sponsors