Earn money

Submitted: Monday, Oct 16, 2006 at 09:56
ThreadID: 122992 Views:3872 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Dear Bushtrackers,

during our last 6 trips to down under we’ve got to know and learned to love your country.
Like all the other tourists we just had the possibility to rent a motorhome and from time to time we have seen a bushtracker.
Now as we have seen all the tarred routes of the tourists we are anxious to hit the gravel roads and get to know the real Australia.
Moreover we often envied a bit our neighbours on the camp site that simply parked their caravan and then explored the near points of interest by car.

The two of us are soon retiring and wish to have a bit of luxury and imagine making huge trips with more than a 4-5 week’s stay.

Where can we get (rent) a Bushtracker for our next journey in July 2007 and when we want to buy one in the next years, where can we shelter it during the barren spell being in Germany.

Please help us we are looking forward to your suggestions
Thx a lot
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Keith & Joan - Monday, Oct 16, 2006 at 21:59

Monday, Oct 16, 2006 at 21:59
Dear KHG,
We certainly would not rent our beloved Bushtracker and I could not imagine anyone else doing it either, but you never know until you ask. A Bushtracker is not like any other caravan you just hook up and away you go. You have to understand how it functions, or considerable damage may be caused. That's why it takes all day to collect it from the factory on the delivery day. There is a learning process to go through, and I am not saying it is dificult, but it is essential before you drive away in in someone else's Van. If you can hire one, I would suggest you spend a couple of days with it's owner to learn how to treat such things as batteries, and how to use the on board water supply. (Yes, it does matter which tank you empty first)
Also to find out what tyre pressures to run on the BT when on corrugations, and at what speed to travel on corrugations.
I really think your best bet is to buy one and store it out in the open when you are not using it. The batteries have to be recharged by the solar panels and this cannot be done if it is stored under cover. A Bushtracker is designed to spend its entire life out in the open, so don't worry about not putting it under cover. It is a good investment anyway, because when you are finished with it, you can usually sell it for more than you paid for it, depending on how you have looked after it.
The tow vehicle also has to be considered and your choice is critical for you to have a safe and pleasant journey. There are places that will store a caravan for you at a nominal fee, usually caravan sales outlets or caravan parks. Prices vary on the location and the amount of security requied. My advice to you is to send Bushtracker an email and start the ball rolling to get one purchased by the time you want to use it. There is usually a waiting list for new Bushtrackers but I am not sure how long it is now. We waited seven months for ours and it was definately worth the wait. Send Steve at Bushtracker an email and join the club.
Best of luck and kind regards, Keith & Joan.
AnswerID: 569528

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Oct 17, 2006 at 01:24

Tuesday, Oct 17, 2006 at 01:24
I agree fully with these comments. I don't know of anyone who would be prepared to hire out their Bushtracker and tow vehicle, and would not do it myself. There would also be problems with insurance.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 846464

Our Sponsors