Nervous newbies finally speak up!

Submitted: Friday, Oct 27, 2006 at 02:30
ThreadID: 123006 Views:3783 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone! This is our first posting. As we have been fringe dwellers long enough, I felt prompted by Steve's earlier "Follow Up" regarding a trend towards ordering BT's without attending the factory. We too, recently ordered our 19' BT without the factory visit. In fact we had never even set foot inside a BT. Our decision was based on extensive research conducted via phone, Internet, magazine reviews, local "dealers" etc; We live in Airlie Beach and both still work full time.(This is about to change!). We found the attitude of the BT team in response to all our inquiries refreshing, as responses from most, gave the impression we were unimportant and that our purchase was an inconvenience. As we have decided to sell our home in order to finance our BT, having a company such as BTi to deal with is a blessing. By monitoring the forum/s, one can only gain confidence in the knowledge that we have made the right decision regarding BTi.
We are however, looking forward to visiting the factory in Dec.
We spotted a BT in Airlie Beach main street one day and left a note on the windscreen with our contact number, explaining our interest in BT's. The following day, the owners called us and invited us to look through their van. It was FANTASTIC! It was exactly the same layout and size we had already decided on. They, like all BT owners, were very pleased with their van and only too happy to show us proudly through.
We would have liked our van sooner, as we start the first leg of our trip around OZ in Dec. We're heading to Tassie where I'll be attending the Australian Maritime College for a few months. Can't wait to pick up our BT in June 07
To buy anything else sooner, would be a compromise!.

Regards, Paul and Margaret.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 at 17:54

Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 at 17:54
Welcome to the forum Paul & Margaret, this time next year you will be the ones showing others through your van.
We have just returned from an 8 month trip and had about 30 people go through our van. Most couldn't believe that it was now over 5 years old and travelled more than 130,000 km, especially when they inspected our wall map showing the roads and tracks that the van has travelled.

When we had our van parked in a Sydney suburb we also had a note left on the windscreen from another couple who were buying a BT and they came and looked through our van. It appears to be just one of those things that BT owners do.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 569565

Reply By: Tassie Bushies - Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 at 19:53

Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 at 19:53
Hi Paul & Margaret.
Welcome to the BOG mob.
What's this Maritime College thingy? you are not intending to float a BT are you?
You will find it just a little cooler down here. Snowing here last night (it's still lovely to watch comming down- just so peacefull, quiet) so yes it was laying on the ground early this morning, but gone now its got up windy, about 5 degrees outside, wind chill about -5.
We live 20 minutes from Devonport towards Sheffield (The Town Of Murals) & you are welcome to call in for a cuppa & look over our BT if you would like, while you are down here.
If you go to the members forum there is a little itinary for Tassie you can download for things to not miss while you are here.
Hope to see you soon.
Peter & Jennifer.
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569566

Follow Up By: Hitch'n 2go - Thursday, Nov 02, 2006 at 23:59

Thursday, Nov 02, 2006 at 23:59
Hi Peter & Jennifer, Thanks for your welcome message.
No, I don't intend floating the BT, although I do recall hearing the term "YACHT" mentioned somewhere!
Thanks for your kind invitation to a cuppa & a sticky beak! That would be lovely.
Hope to be in Tassie by mid January, please tell me it won't still be snowing!
I've looked at the itinerary as suggested, it sounds fantastic.
Is your email address on the members data base up to date or do I use the "Send Member Msg" function to contact you further?

Regards, Paul & Margaret.
FollowupID: 846483

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 at 22:32

Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 at 22:32
Hi Paul and Maragret,

Welcome to the BOG. I guess you have made a good investment decision in ordering a Bt. They really are seriously good vans made by a factory (no agents or dealers you will notice) who are actually passionate about the vans they build and really do deliver customers service - a comodity getting scarcer and scarcer these days.

The factory visit is good and we came from the other side of the country to do it, you get to really see the quality and how they are built. Plus you get to stick your nose into other vans on the line and you can, and do, pick up ideas. It is also a good time to sort out all the colour matching stuff in the vinyl and upholstery. It is an opportunity to ask heaps of questions and meet the team at Bt. Well worth while.

Your final comment - "To buy something else sooner, would be a compromise" is right on the mark. Many cheaper mass produced vans become unsustainable in places we like to travel as well as becoming increasingly expensive to maintain and repair.

All you have to do now is try and think about something else other than life off-the-road with a Bt until June next year.

John and Jean
Lorna Glen Station

AnswerID: 569567

Follow Up By: Hitch'n 2go - Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 00:31

Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 00:31
Thanks for your welcoming, It's been very comforting to hear so much positive feedback regarding BT & more importantly BTi.
The product speaks for itself, but the company behind the product is equally as important. We look forward to meeting the BTi team in December.
I've read the threads about your adventure to Lorna Glen Station, sounds incredible!
My wife & I intend working during our trip around OZ, Margaret's a Midwife & I'm a boatie. (Don't suppose there's a lot of work for skippers out your way!)
From what I've heard though, it sounds like there's plenty of work around, if your willing to "Have a Go".
Thanks Again, Paul & Margaret.
FollowupID: 846484

Reply By: Bushtracker - Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 00:27

Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 00:27
I can resolutely promise you, that you are in good hands here at Bushtracker. We will ONLY do the right thing by people. I can assure you, don't lose any sleep over it.

Or care of people pays off. The overall score is about 49 out of 50 rave over us and our aftermarket service, and they sell our vans for us!!. If you run into a 1 in 50 that do not, dig a little deeper with them... You will find an underlying problem that is actually on their end of things. We try and do the right thing by people all the time, and it is paying off as we are always very busy and usually Booked out more that anyone. It really is worth waiting for, and have no inner fear, you will be happy in the end and pleasantly surprised when it exceeds your expectation on the Delivery Day. That is about the 99.9%... and WELCOME TO THE BOG.... lone Ranger on duty...

P.S.
Right now, for some reason you are in GOOD COMPANY as there are 5 Ordering vans in process over the last two weeks, just going on my Reputation. And they will not be disappointed... I will only do the right thing. This is my Lifestyle now.
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569568

Follow Up By: Hitch'n 2go - Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:09

Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:09
Thanks Steve, We are sure we've made the right choice regarding the purchase of our new "home".
To be able to travel around OZ, knowing you have the full support of BTi, even AFTER they have your money, will relieve us of some of the worry associated with uncertainty.
Margaret & I are only in our early forties and have sold our home to finance the purchase of our BT & 100 series L/C.( Do you know of any for sale? )
Our son is just finishing year 12 & is off on his own, and so are we!
Look forward to visiting the factory on the 6th of December.
Hope to see you then,
Regards Paul & Margaret.
FollowupID: 846485

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 19:34

Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 19:34
Hello Paul and Margaret,

I would have a bit of advice for you, while I do not know of a 100 Series for sale right now, there would be at least 200-400 for sale in the Carpoint.com website or the "4x4 Trader" magazine..... My advice is: DO NOT BUY A NEW ONE NOW!!! Two reasons:

First, I am not a fan of the Independent front suspension, and myself, I am not even a fan of the electronic engine management.... A second hand one makes real good sense in that you can get the monobeam front diff and no engine electronics, and aftermarket turbo and intercooler for about half of new price right now.... Probably with toys on it as well.. And some of the toys you are going to want, bullbar, towbar, maybe long range tanks and that sort...

Secondly, I thing there is a good chance that new ones secondhand value will fall in a heap, at least severely depreciate, when the new 130 Series twin turbo V-8 Diesel Cruiser comes out next year. ESPECIALLY if it turns out that the new twin turbo V-8 diesel gets substantially better fuel economy. By 2008, when it is proven in the field, you are going to want one. If you have a 2001 or so, secondhand Cruiser, for only about $30k or $35k, you will not take that much of a hit to sell it and move to the V-8 Cruiser, in fact you might get all your money back. But if you buy a $77,000 new IFS Turbo Cruiser and put $10,000 of toys on it.... You might not be able to get your money out or make the transition to the new Cruiser..

Something to consider.. I am here to help, and sound ideas on, talk to me when you visit..

Regards, Ranger

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846486

Follow Up By: Turist - Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 21:04

Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 21:04
Gosh Steve!!!!
"I am not even a fan of the electronic engine management...."

Better forget that new F truck, pick up a 1982 model instead.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 846487

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 23:05

Friday, Nov 03, 2006 at 23:05
I have an F word for you Bob... And,

You may not ever even sit in my truck unless you have a bib on to catch your dribble. God you are jealous! Ha!

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846488

Our Sponsors