One of the Best Equipped F-250's in Australia For Sale.

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 01, 2006 at 01:29
ThreadID: 123027 Views:5260 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Brand New Colour Matched Bed, has been found, courtesy of my Paint and Body Man, instead of fixing the ding in the bed.... I will replace it as new.

78,000 kms on.

3 years, 80,000 kms left on 6 year Ford Extended Warranty (6 year 160,000 km)

2003 Blue Crew Cab 4x4 7.3 PSDiesel, Auto
$20,000 + in extra gear….
BFG 285 Muddies.
Front and Rear, ARB Diff Locks
ARB Air Compressor
Front and Rear Air Bags over Suspension upgrade, with inside gauges and switches for adjustment on the fly...
ARB Bull Bar
Snorkel
Long Range Tanks, 2- 135 litre, and fuel transfer switch
2” Lift Kit
Alpine Stereo and DVD or Rear vision camera set up Screen.
Alpine Six CD Stacker
UHF
New Immobilizer, Remote Alarm, and Turbo Timer
15,000 Warn Winch
Light Force Driving Lights Metal Halide top of the Line
New 4500 kg Reece Hitch
New Adjustable Ball Mount and Weight Distribution Bars Kit
Sheep Skin Seat covers, front and rear
Long Steel Running Boards chassis mounted, and Alloy checkplate tread, very strong.
Front and Rear Roll Bars,
New 125 Watt solar panel and Regulator for fridge
Vinyl Canopy cover over all...
Pirahna Third Battery diverter system and monitor, set up with 3rd battery for fridge
Back up spot lights
Tinted Windows
Custom Free Flow Performance exhaust system

$75,000 or $72,500 if you are going to remove the bed and put on tray and canopy.

Questions? lone Ranger
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Nov 01, 2006 at 19:37

Wednesday, Nov 01, 2006 at 19:37
Sorry Boggers and other Friends, It is sold!!!

My F-250 sold in about 4 hours.... It just took til this morning for me to open up the BOG to make the notes here...

It sold to a new Customer from Darwin. His Son in Tasmania was already dealing with me over the Internet. Between the two of them, they were so impressed with my ethics and Business style of trying to look after people with their own best interests in mind..... That he has organized both vans, his and for his Son in Tasmania all at once.

Then, seeing the Ford on the BOG he also followed me home and fell in love with my Effie...

Kind Regards to all, lone Ranger

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569631

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Nov 01, 2006 at 20:38

Wednesday, Nov 01, 2006 at 20:38
By the way, a note to all Newbies:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THIS EXTREME RANGE OF GEAR!!! Look, the lone Ranger is a bit of an Enthusiast to all of this style of off-road gear, and I go places to try and "go where no one has been before"... Exploring, that sort of extreme travel.

I also do a lot of R&D, what works, what does not work, why, etcetera.... This has become my Lifestyle both with and without horses I am going places that are the furthest reach of exploration.. Here, Africa, North and Central America, I have done it all my life..

For instance Diff-Locks, my Ford has it, my Sons Landcruiser (ex ours), my Mack horsetruck even has it.. But do you need this level, NO. Money no object? Yes it is fun to have it in reserve, but I would not call in necessary except for the Extreme cases of Fossicking for gold in remote regions, or Extreme travel in very remote areas off the dirt tracks on cattle tracks no tracks at all following river beds and other extreme 4x4 that most are not going to do.... Don't feel you need it, everyone can do without, unless you are an extreme explorer for fossils or Palaeontologist (bone digger), for Sydney University really going overland in tough going. Not necessary for the 95% of us to be fair... Money no object, love the toys, well OK, that is a different question...

But, the lone now, the Ranger needs it... Wet paddocks getting out with 19 Metre Rig loaded with horses and 22' Bushtracker on the back... Crossing rivers and such with a big rig? Yea... I fit the "need" part... I am doing it in the extreme, as a Lifestyle. I have done things, Hard Yakka for free, that you have to pay people for, like mobbing up the cattle off three Stations and doing an old fashioned "Raw Hide" cattle drive 20 kms into a town for a cutting...For Free?? Yea, I am crazy.

If you fit that mould then OK, but for the most of you Newbies do not feel that you have to have that extreme gear, because you don't!!

Regards, Ranger

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846538

Reply By: Black Cobra - Thursday, Nov 02, 2006 at 13:53

Thursday, Nov 02, 2006 at 13:53
Steve,

I agree with you on the diff locks but having had them on my Toyota Troopy is is piece of mind. I am having them fitted to my F250 at present and one of the reasons for me was that because the F250 is such a large vehicle and will probably be carrying a bit of weight you have to be self recoverable.

I used to belong to a 4WD club and probably will join them again when I return back home full time and when I go on trips with the club to get used to the big rig off road and get stuck as I will, like in sand forget a smaller vehicle trying to get you out, every aid is welcome.

I remember when I did the CSR in 1994 the last well was under water and the windmill was right in the middle, and me being me after going to every well on the CSR the last one was not going to elude me. Needless to say half way through the Troopy slipped of the track and down she went in the mud with water about 1" deep through the cab.

Some 4 hours later with the help of the three other vehicles on the convoy with winches and diff locks engaged I was out, just to say I have driven to all the wells.

But you are right the cost of these are enormous and most of the time you don't need them, but nice hey! and like you say depends on where you are going to go.

Oh can you tell me why you went for a little truck from the US like the 350 and not the big bugger like the 650 and then built a 35' BT to go with it. LOL!

Stewart
AnswerID: 569632

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Nov 02, 2006 at 19:06

Thursday, Nov 02, 2006 at 19:06
Hello Black Cobra,
Look, you are preaching to the converted here. I want it all, but you can obviously afford it for fun, and it is tax dollar sponsored R&D for me... I just don't want the newbies to think they NEED it... It is just for extremists like us. You are a Radical, Off-Road Veteran Extremist hated by the Leftists and Greenies... God I like that in a person.... Ha! Lol...

As to why did I get this "Little Truck" ? See what "little" is Stewart, I put two pictures below. It was Ordered with 440 HP and 5 speed Allison pattern transmission after six months of research. It may be enough for me with about a 7000 kg towing capacity, and 2.3 tonne in the bed to hit GVM. But the idea is that I am waiting to see the results of the new Twin Turbo model coming out in the U.S. in February. If they cannot kill it in 12 months on the truck dragstrips and tractor pulls, I may order a Custom F-550 King Ranch or look into the 650 with the Catepillar Engine.

The idea is to have two trucks rolled into one. If I remove the springs down to the two main leafs, and put big truck air bags over the top, it will ride soft like a 250-350 around town with 5 psi of air. I can tow my 22' Bushtracker when I am not taking horses. Then for horses, I could pump up the air bags and go up scale to a 36' to 38' Gooseneck. I don't go to extreme off-road with the horses on anyway, so it would give me the both worlds of trucks, round town and massive, all in one. Then I can sell the Mack. This truck can pull maybe such a gooseneck now, but I would be illegal by the time I was loaded up, if I took 5 horses and a lot of water and gear. But I might try it in a 32-34' size if I find one cheap just to see how we feel about it. The long term plan is still to go larger in 2008, but this little baby will almost do it on its own.

I am also going to possibly play with water injection, to cool EGT, so I can run hotter loads up in the 400 HP range towing BIIIIIG. We might be able to do it with this "little twuck" but my Trainer 36' or 38' float tares 4000kg. Then 4 hourse is 6000kg, and I know we are going to want more than the 1000 kg balance in feed, tack, water, and gear in the living quarter. But we can have a play. The Mack is only 270 HP. So if I can tow at around 400 HP with 7000-8000 kg load, with water injection cooled EGTs and air brake package in the bed, I will have a "witto big twuck"...

Yea, the Ranger is crazy... Ain't it fun though...
Semper Fidelis

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846539

Our Sponsors