70,000 km in the Outback a report from Bob and Chris Nxxxxx.

Submitted: Monday, Nov 13, 2006 at 23:56
ThreadID: 123058 Views:3786 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Bushtracker Team,
Just back home after spending 6 months wandering around W.A. Better than working. Spent a bit of time in the Kimberley region. What a great place, peace and quiet. Spent a week at Drysdale Station about 50 klms. off the Gibb River Rd. Great scenery etc, another few days at Home Valley Station on the Gibb River Rd. Check out photos. Eight 4WD rollovers in one week, all hired. They need a bit of education on how to drive on these roads. Had one small problem with the battery charger. The retaining bolt that holds the transfomer in place worked loose allowing it to move back and forth breaking two wires. Solution, new wires, new bed of silicon, new centre bolt and spring washer. Came across two vans with outback, offroad painted on sides. Thats where it finished.One lost all its suspension etc. near Drysdale station. The other aright off, all the inside floating around inside. Grown people crying, waiting for a flat top truck to take it home. Both these vans were new. Salesmen said they would go anywhere. No need to buy expensive vans. Boy I would hate to be these salesmen. These folks had murder in their eyes. Enough rambling. Had 2 years on the road. What a GREAT VAN. Keep up the good work.
Regards Bob & Chris

Steven
If you think our report will benefit others you may use it any way you like.

Thanks for the suspension tips no.90.Usually check under and around the van every time we move. Repack bearings and check brakes every big trip.70000klms good as the day we picked it up. REGULAR maint is cheap insurance. Easy to do it on a concrete pad at home than in the bush with flies crawling up you nose. I will check under and see what parts I need. Thanks again for the tips.

Bob and Chris

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Nov 14, 2006 at 00:03

Tuesday, Nov 14, 2006 at 00:03
Friends, Countrymen, Boggers,

What a great report ! Also, from the lone Ranger's perspective, it is nice to know that the effort of long hours spent writing the TIPS on the Owners Forum is appreciated, and it feels good to be able to help people along the way with the Bushtracker Lifestyle... A Hearty Thank you to Bob and Chris... Helping people is now my lifestyle, and I will do the best I can...

And thank you for the great pictures...

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 569709

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Nov 14, 2006 at 02:52

Tuesday, Nov 14, 2006 at 02:52
Was it something like this?
It also had a big "Off Road" logo.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 569710

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Nov 14, 2006 at 03:06

Tuesday, Nov 14, 2006 at 03:06
Yea... Ha! LOL!
At least now it qualifies... It is Off the Road... Ha! (Where most of them should be as they are a hazard On the road.. Ha!) Ranger...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846602

Follow Up By: Bob & Chris - Tuesday, Nov 14, 2006 at 20:20

Tuesday, Nov 14, 2006 at 20:20
Hi Turist
Great picture of an off road van,5 star award for ventilation.The ones we saw were not as bad as the one you have shown.Did see some bits scattered along the Gibb River Rd.Maybe it was rubbish out of a garbage truck.It is still sad that these people get sucked in by some salespeople.Bob
FollowupID: 846603

Our Sponsors