How do you show off you holiday photos???

Submitted: Friday, Nov 17, 2006 at 23:28
ThreadID: 123069 Views:4349 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After our last trip were we took a large number of digital photos I wanted a way of showing off some of them to friends so I printed some in A4 and laminated them.
Friends that saw them were impressed but said that I should include the name and location on them in small print.

As we were having a large number of people around a couple of weeks ago, I printed a number of photos in A3 size and named them, then laminated 2 photos back to back and they were used as place mats.

Several people said that they felt that they had done a tour of the country by looking at the photos and it was a great talking point between everyone and even made some decide that they will head off on similar trips.

How do others display their photos?

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Saturday, Nov 18, 2006 at 04:40

Saturday, Nov 18, 2006 at 04:40
Howdy Brian & Margaret,
Your ideas sound really good - like the A3 place mats one especially. Can use some graphics software (ie Corel etc) to imbed / embed a few pertinent notes and date onto photo then print out and laminate.
We have made up "Coffee table folders" (we now have about 15 in our book racks) from two, three & four ring binders being dumped from the office. In these we have a print out of our "Trip Journal / Memoirs" interspersed between pic pages. Then we add a map of our trip plus place our Voice tape inside the cover. Our voice tape has myriads of comments on it as we record whatever whilst driving - some VERY CORNY stuff and some important stuff which we may not have time to stop and write down! E.G. Our 2003 Darwin two weeker used up three and a half 90 minute tapes!
Of late some of our friends have borrowed these folders to read after tea or when re-cooperating and have found them quite interesting. We use them to relax when we have the urge to get out but not the time or funds!
Hope all this is not too boring - Cheers Ian &Sally
AnswerID: 569771

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Nov 18, 2006 at 04:48

Saturday, Nov 18, 2006 at 04:48
Sounds like a good idea too. We have a folder that shows what our house looked like when we bought it in 1997, showing how we made improvements like adding a pool, landscaped gardens, shed etc.
It is amaising how interested people are in it.

Folders of trips made showing highlights and notes as you described would be very helpful to others who are planning to do similar trips.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 846655

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Saturday, Nov 18, 2006 at 09:11

Saturday, Nov 18, 2006 at 09:11
My family and friends just run when i mention trip photos! I must have been boring them for too many years.

Meanwhile i have the last trip running as my screen saver on both computers so we can sit back and re-live the moments.

When we went on our holiday last year, our daughter got a photo of the Bushtracker, overlaid it with the words of John Williamson's "Old Farts in Caravan Parks" and made up 2 place mats for us.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 569772

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Saturday, Nov 18, 2006 at 18:18

Saturday, Nov 18, 2006 at 18:18
G'day Brian et al,

Thanks for the good ideas. I could easily adapt any page of our albums to these formats. I am using the CANON program Photo Record, which enables photos to be assembled, edited and captioned in A4 pages. You can have as many photos on a page as you wish. You can crop them, stitch them, shape them and border them. I then print the pages on each side of double sided photo paper in the Pixma 4200 printer, laminate them, then bind them using a spiral binder.

The reproduction is excellent, the pages lie flat when the book is opened, it's easy to read, and best of all the viewer doesn't go to sleep while watching. We lend it out to freinds to view in their own time.

We have been through the photo album (6x4 prints mounted on pages or in sleeves) era, the cardboard slides, projector and screen era, and the computer slide show which a lot of others use today. Slide shows are still the same.....viewers tend to go to sleep, or get involved in side chat and lose interest.

The Photo Record concept is the best that we have had so far.

We also add a page with a map of the route, and, our trip notes (diary) to the book.

As the album is stored on disk, we can print pages or photos for uses discussed in the foregoing posts.

Also, having a laptop with you when you are travelling means you can make the album as you go, and can have it printed and bound the day you get home.

Fabulous!

Cheers.............Rob and Liz
AnswerID: 569773

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Sunday, Nov 19, 2006 at 06:48

Sunday, Nov 19, 2006 at 06:48
Hi everyone,
I must admit I am the same as Motherhen, the mention of the photos from a trip send everyone running for cover but......since purchasing an ipod (30gb) and putting all our trip photos on that it is quite amazing to watch a slideshow while listening to one's favourite music, anywhere!!! And sometimes others want to watch the show that way when no one else is looking.
Also have the slideshow on the computer as the screensaver but do like the placemat idea.
Prue
AnswerID: 569774

Our Sponsors