Question from Wardy, Newcomer Regarding Tips Search & Access to Owners Forum..

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 22, 2006 at 18:20
ThreadID: 123082 Views:3826 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Steve,
I'm spending a fair bit of time enjoying reading everythingon this site,but the Tip's section loses me a bit. Is there a full tip list in order that i haven't found yet?,as it took me a while to find Tip#21 & i see on the Post's that some tips go up to #130.
Also regarding Insect & Midgee mesh Screens, theres a bit of debate i see (i am contemplating Midgee screens myself) , but would rather stay with the airflow. In the advent i ripped a hole in the existing window screen, how easy is it to change out & replace it in the scrub if i carry spare screen?
Regards Wardy
Wardy

Hello Wardy, and Welcome to the BOG!! And welcome to the Bushtracker Lifestyle. You are in the Production Schedule, so you qualify to become a Member and get access to ALL THE JUICY BITS.. Ha! (On the Owners Forum.) Good Secret Camp Sites, good inside Tips from the lone Ranger and other Boggers on the Bushtracker Lifestyle, current R&D and all sorts of great stuff on the Owner Forum!!! Now, it costs $35 I think, but IT IS THE BEST MONEY YOU WILL SPEND!! Follow the instructions to send the Administrators your details and dues, and then WELCOME !!

Now, I could copy and Post a Directory of all 130 Tips (300 more coming) But in truth it is pretty easy for you to access all of them yourself... On each Forum, both Public and Owners Forum, you do a Search... Here is how:

1) On the top of each Forum is a "Search Forum Section". In the "KEYWORDS" box, put in the word TIP.

2) Under that box, make sure the box "TOPIC" is ticked (it should be automatically)

3) Forget the dates, or if you want put in 2004 to 2007

4) MOST IMPORTANT, in the next like down you will see "SWITCH POST VIEW"
and it will say ACTIVE ARCHIVE and BOTH..... Click on BOTH...

5) Then push the "GO" button on the right, and wait just a moment, and you will have all the TIPS up on that Forum..

For a quick explanation, Active means the few pages that are current, Archive means the pages that are stored in time past, and Both pulls up the TIP on Both of them...

Now the last part of your question on the screen change if you rip one, it is a little bit of work to push it all in the groove without having it come up short or have excess. Figure on about 10 or 15 minutes of fussing around with it on each window, but yes you can do it in the field just fine if you ripped a screen. Carrying a spare set, is a bit much of a challenge. If you tear one, tape it up or sew it up with thread and have us mail you one out. They do not store well folded or rolled up.. I will show you when you are here.

Best Regards, and Welcome to the BOG... If you have not joined up yet, I would certainly recommend you do so at the earliest convenience... Money well spent, travel guides, secret camping spots, and yes TIPS of Bushtracker from that bloody lone Ranger Character... Ha!

You can even take a few Pot Shots at him, the Tall Poppy knocking thing just for sport... A few do, don't let it worry you.. Ha!

He will still try and help when ever he can...
Semper Fidelis

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors