New 2007 Chevrolet, Outback Tested Finish, Thru Flow Cab AC, and More!! Pictures

Submitted: Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 02:24
ThreadID: 123189 Views:5123 Replies:9 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Low profile tyres, custom wheels, robust interior, this one has it all. Full custom job inside and out. The new 2007 Chevrolet has really gone over the top this time.

Chevrolet has lived up to its reputation with this one....

Here is the latest picture, hot off the press...

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AussieDMAX - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 03:06

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 03:06
And look at that: they listened to you and ditched the IFS................look at that solid front axle. I bet we can put a lift kit on this one real easy.........
Happy new year,
Cheers,
AussieDMAX
AnswerID: 570184

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 19:22

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 19:22
Hello Aussie DMAX,
And Happy New Year!!!

I don't remember talking with you about the IFS, but it sounds like my view of it... And the majority of the Off-Road market view. But: Look, don't take me wrong. The Chevrolet is the softest ride with that Independent Front Suspension. It is not popular for the tough runners, Forestry, Fish & Game Rangers, Oil Field and Mining, Construction, Fire, Paramedics, and such, because they might run a bit hard, and they want the Monobeam front end.... But in all fairness, the Chev IFS makes it the luxury car of the top three trucks, and that is its market niche.....!! In the application of a Tow Vehicle for Bushtracker there is certainly no liability in that, so don't get me wrong, OK? I just sold the very top of the line to someone from Brisbane that had Ordered a new Chev just yesterday.... They are the luxury end, certainly a fine choice.

Liability of the IFS in 4x4? None if you are sensible. No, you cannot lift it. But if you drive sensibly, not rally style, and don't go rock climbing or hit a cattle grate or jump up too hard; then it is just fine and provides the luxury end of comfort. Don't take me wrong in Turists and My own fun "banter" on the Ford Chevy thing. If you have trouble with the IFS, you will bend tie rod ends first. If you do that, just know then you are at the upper limit and slow down on the hard ruts or jump-ups or cattle grates. But to do that you would almost bounce your head on the ceiling anyway!!! Ha!

In all fairness, don't take me wrong, in "Town and Country" Style of Gentlemans truck, I am not against the IFS... It is Chevrolets market. While I disagree with it even in the larger Dually 3500 trucks, it is their market of luxury and comfort, but it is not necessarily wrong. OK?

Boggers, besides the fun poking, Chevrolet is the top Luxury Spot, Ford is the top Toughest Truck, and Dodge has the best motor- Cummins. I personally have elected to stay Ford, and go the top of the line in the King Ranch to have the luxury too. But all kidding aside, any one of the top three make MAGNIFICENT tow vehicles for larger vans.

Cheers from the Ranger....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846913

Follow Up By: AussieDMAX - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 21:21

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 21:21
No, we never discussed the IFS but I knew your views.... I have some goodies coming from the US to improve the front end (Idler support arm, Cognito brace kit and tie rod sleeves). Not that I have had any problems with the front end of my Suburban or my 2500HD but it's good insurance and it will tighten up the steering a bit. If you hit something a bit hard out there (and we have all done that I guess...:)) these are the vulnerable parts on a GM truck and with these improvements I will be OK. I don't disagree with your views on the Ford/GM/Dodge comparison but all three have their issues as you would know. Fixing the weaknesses is what it's all about. By the way, lifting a GM truck is no problem; plenty of kits available in the US. Check www.cognitomotorsports.com
Oh and I will never be offended by any Ford-Chevy "discussion" .......mine is a GMC :))
Cheers,
AussieDMAX
FollowupID: 846914

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 03:24

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 03:24
That particular old girl has probably done more real four wheel driving than any vehicle that the members of this forum has done.

After reading some of its exploits it certain had a hard life.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 570185

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 05:31

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 05:31
Notice the air conditioning.

Another first for Chev.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 570186

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 19:31

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 19:31
Helloooo Bob...

I will put you together with a new Client that just ordered a top of the range Chevrolet from Corvette Queensland. They were from Brisbane: Corvette Queensland was just tooooo convenient and it all fits together nicely for them... You might want to see their new 2007 when they get it, and compare notes for fun.

They were in need, indeed, and were such nice people and such a pleasure to deal with that when they expressed dismay at how far we were Booked out.... I gave them my spot, reserved for a new van for me, for the Brisbane Show. I was going to get a new 22' (have to update every couple of years to reflect the latest technology), but instead they will get their 22' in June and it will be in the Brisbane Show instead...

It is a joy, to put smiles on the faces of such nice people, and I can get a new van at a later date.. I just happen to know the people that make them, personally... Ha! Anyway it was a pleasure to help such nice people...

Regards, Ranger

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846915

Reply By: F Troop - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 18:52

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 18:52
I said I wanted a red one, but will it come in a twin cab
AnswerID: 570187

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 19:58

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 19:58
Yea, and if you look closely, you will see that they listened to me and let the tyre pressure down.... Ha! Ranger

Just for anyone curious, this is the old original Charlieville - Birdsville Area Mail Truck if I remember correctly. It is currently in the Birdville Museum. Under negotiation as I hear, to move possibly to the Gold Coast... Bringing the Outback Museum and the Outback experience to the Tourists... Like the big "Australian Outback Spectacular" Show....

By the way, that one is for Visitors and comes highly recommended. Big indoor dinner show, Horsemanship, wagons, horse jumps in the ute, Helicopter out of the ceiling... Great Outback stuff for the Turists near the Gold Coast somewhere...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846916

Reply By: Bushtucker Man - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 23:18

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 23:18
Hi Steve and all you other Boggers,
For my entry into the fray I'm sure I have this photo, taken August 2006 at Marree
during our trip up the Oodnadatta Track.
I certainly enjoy reading the forum as I glean some very good hints/tips, love the banter back and forth between some of you guys, keep it going.
Regards Stan
AnswerID: 570188

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 23:27

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 23:27
Sorry, no photo Stan...... Try again, you have to have saved it somewhere on the Internet in a free storage spot, and then modify the link to reflect that spot... OK?

But here is a picture of a Real Truck, all the luxury AND the Toughest Tow Beast.. Compare this with the Chevy picture above... Ha!

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846917

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 00:11

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 00:11
Stan,
You are right, it was at Maree when we last passed through there also, and we also took a photo of it.

The old girl above in its hey day probably went a lot of places that this F350 could not go, simply because of its ground clearance.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 846918

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 00:22

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 00:22
Definitely Marree- at the old railway station, opposite the Marree Hotel- great kangaroo!
Cheers
Bob
FollowupID: 846919

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 00:30

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 00:30
forgot the photo- hope this shows it!
Bob
FollowupID: 846920

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 00:42

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 00:42
No photo as yet Bob.... And I thought it was at Birdsville years ago! I have had the photo for years, but I thought it was at the Birdsville Museum... Oh well.. Regards, LR

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846921

Reply By: Fosssil - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:01

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:01
Hi Bob,

To post a photo you need to have the image stored on the net somewhere like photobucket, and then place the web address of the image in between the quotes as per image below...
Hope mine works....lol... and hope that helps

fosss

AnswerID: 570189

Reply By: Fosssil - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:06

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:06
this may make it clearer

AnswerID: 570190

Reply By: Fosssil - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:16

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:16
One last try at making the image larger to view....lol.
fosss

AnswerID: 570191

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:52

Saturday, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:52
Hey Steve,

The Chev was the first truck that Tom (E. G. Kruze) used on the Maree - Birdsville Mail Run during the 30's and 40's. He did the mail run for 20 years and his favourite truck was a Leyland Badger which is now on display at the Birdswood Museum in the Adelaide Hills. Whilst Tom started in 1932 with the Chev and then a Ford and a Dodge. The Leyland was a big step up from the Chevs Fords and Dodges, "being larger, heavier, more robust and more reliable" as is stated in the book "Mailman of the Birdsville Track"- the story of Tom Kruze" by Kristin Weidenbach.

Steve, you were possibly having a "seniors moment" thinking it was at Birdsville!!
Were you thinking of Birdswood where the Badger is?

Cheers.........Rob
AnswerID: 570192

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Sunday, Jan 14, 2007 at 17:21

Sunday, Jan 14, 2007 at 17:21
Yea Rob.... Actually I just pulled the picture out of our archive... I thought it was the one in the Birdsville Museum, but I have not been back the museum for quite a few years. I remembered the Tom Kruze mail run story, but I thought I remembered it as from the Charlieville to Birdsville, but it has been many years since I heard the stories... Turns out the truck is more famous and well known than I thought...

Now I am not sure WHERE that picture came from....???? Oh well, just having fun...

But anyway, a bit of fun, that never hurts anyone.... Regards, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846922

Our Sponsors