Air Filter

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 23, 2007 at 13:24
ThreadID: 123245 Views:4181 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone ever ordered the F250 air filters from the Powerstroke shop via the net. I have ordered other gear from them but not the filters.

Ford in Perth want $67.10 each for the filters just as much as I paid for the AIS filter which by the way I have not been able to fit because of the snorkle, more research into this has to be done to be able to adapt it if a snorkle has been fitted, otherwise its just a straight change over, bugger have the advatage of a snorkle or the advatage of a AIS filter system, I want both lol!.

Anyway Ford list the part No. AFA168 @ $67.10 on the Powerstroke shop they list the F250 01-03 Air Cleaner thick with motorcraft No. FA 1750, Item No. 2U2Z9601AA @ $18.70US about $24.90AUS, so can get three for the price of one.

I was thinking of ordering 10 so has anyone ordered these filters from the Powerstroke shop who can advise me if this is the correct filter.

Also does anyone know of other places like Coventrys etc that carry this type of filter.

PS I was previously going to get a dozen or so oil filters also but Bob at the Powerstroke shop did the sums for me on freight costs as they weigh a bit and it was just as cheap to buy them from Ford or Covntrys. Just for your info.

Thanks in advance.

Stewart
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Tuesday, Jan 23, 2007 at 20:32

Tuesday, Jan 23, 2007 at 20:32
G'day Stewart,

your right about the price, & the Ford part # AF168 but cant help you with the USA part #.

Just bought one on Friday, last one our local dealer had too, was slightly different in that the sides are enclosed, previous one had the flutes [for want of a better word] all along, Stamped made in Thailand too from memory.

Fuel filters are an expensive item compared to the oil & air, around $80 for a small paper element! Oil are around $21 which is reasonable, maybe us WA F250 owners could ask for a carton purchase from Ford and split them? though a bit difficult when we could all be in different States.

Anyone use Fleetguard filters? My only concern is voiding the factory warranty.

Cheers
Mick
AnswerID: 570325

Follow Up By: Black Cobra - Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 12:07

Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 12:07
Yep you are right about the fuel filters Mick, thats why earlier this year I had 10 sent from the Powerstroke shop at $18.70US about $25.00AUS ea. Oil filters better getting the original Motorcraft ones from Coventry's or Ford, price about the same.

Stamped in Thailand, mmmm! was that from Ford.

Cheers
Stewart
FollowupID: 847014

Reply By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Jan 23, 2007 at 21:11

Tuesday, Jan 23, 2007 at 21:11
There are two Motorcraft filters, one shallow and one deep, from memory about 80-90 mm deep or so. Sort of an Extreme duty version of the same filter.

Air access to the filter is a problem, see TIP # 107 on 17.99% better fuel economy on how to get more volume of air to that filter... IT WORKS, TRUST ME... I DID IT...

One more thing, I have gotten Filters from Western Filters in Sydney as well, about half the price of Ford...

AND Check out the Ford AIS filter system... Takes about 300% more dust to plug it up... Maybe more than 300%, and allow the engine to breath better. Money no object it is the best that still complies with all Warranty as it is FORD's own Extreme Extended Duty System... From memory about $195 US for the kit, look into in anyway.

Regards from the Rig Junkie, Horses under the bonnet or under saddle... Ranger
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 570326

Follow Up By: Black Cobra - Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 12:09

Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 12:09
Come on Steve I have my AIS Filter system sitting there but because of the snorkle still havn't worked out how to fit it, thought you might have come up with the solution by now LOL! but then again with your new truck having it fitted already I suppose you don't have to.

Cheers
Stewart
FollowupID: 847015

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 06:20

Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 06:20
G'day all,
went to Queensland Diesel Spares down here on the Gold Coast and bought a Fuel Filter for $ 29.77+ GST and a Air filter (to fit the standard housing) for 31.53 +GST for my F250. They are both made by Baldwin (USA)....... Just some food for thought....
Regards
Adrian
AnswerID: 570327

Reply By: Luvntravln - Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 19:46

Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 19:46
Hi

What are the contact details for the Powerstroke Shop?

I have visited powerstroke.org which appears to be a great forum - where are you doing the shopping!

Cheers, Jay
AnswerID: 570328

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 20:29

Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 at 20:29
www.powerstrokeshop.com/

Cheers
Mick
FollowupID: 847016

Reply By: Black Cobra - Thursday, Jan 25, 2007 at 03:48

Thursday, Jan 25, 2007 at 03:48
Beat me to it Mick, thats the correct site Jay.

Just had word back from Western Filters and the cost of the air filter is $33.00 + $20.00 freight to WA as I was going to order 10.

In regards to the AIS Filter system he confirmed also that they are not compatibale with a snorkle and did say that he had a few F250 owners that have left the snorkle on but disconnected it and replaced the original filter box with the AIS filter system as it gets more air to the motor.

The only problem is water crossings as it goes back to the original air intake at the front of the vehicle and lower intake for dust but the AIS filter element takes more dust before it clogs up.

Also if you were purchasing the original air filter from Ford at $67.10 you can get the AIS Filter element from the Powerstroke shop for $67US about $89AUS + freight.

I ordered an extra filter with the AIS system, now I have just to make the decision of whether to disconnect the snorkle and install the AIS Filter or leave the snorkle and use original filters, decisions, decisions!

Cheers
Stewart
AnswerID: 570329

Our Sponsors