Bushtracker at Caravan shows this year?

Submitted: Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 19:28
ThreadID: 123291 Views:3970 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Steve

could you let us know which shows you will be exhibiting at, or be represented at, this year.

With the Adelaide show not long off, we would be especially pleased if you are there...

Ken and Joan.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 20:00

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 20:00
Sorry, cannot do Adelaide....

We will be at the Melbourne Show, Caufield Racecourse, March 28 to April 3....
Sydney from April 14 to the 22, at the Rosehill Racecourse...
And of course Brisbane, this year Jun 6 to 12... At the Ekka...

I won't be at any of them, they won't let me sit on a horse, I'm not coming... If they would even let me bring a horse... But no, they have no sense of humour at all... Ha!

Cheers... lone Ranger
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 570481

Follow Up By: gottabjoaken - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 20:10

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 20:10
Well bugga! Steve,

I'll be starting to think you are mixing up us croweaters with the sandgropers !!

Don't you know SA is where THE wine is made...

Sad to hear that the better states miss out.
Ah well, you have to stick with the population, I guess.
We will just have to make other arrangements with the friendly SA members.

Ken
FollowupID: 847133

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 20:49

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 20:49
Ken,
No offence to you, but we would also like to do Perth, and what about Darwin?
Any you know, the Alice would be a good idea, and what about Cairns? Or how about Mt Isa?

Look, the point is, regarding the Shows, we just cannot be away from our Production any more than we are right now, and still take care of everybody... There are people that travel in from W.A. and the Outback to these shows. And they also come to Bushtracker, just about every week from long distances, like Perth or Darwin, even overseas... You can see a whole lot more at the Factory anyway.

Shows are not the place to look at vans, we tell people not to buy anything at the Shows until they go to the respective factories to see how the vans are built. Unfortunately, at the Shows, there are many that copy our style, but their beauty is only skin deep. It would even be cheaper for you to come to the Factory than go to the Show in Melbourne. Tracy has done the trip to the wine country around Adelaide for as little as one to two hundred dollars, Booked in advance.

Regards, LR

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847134

Follow Up By: gottabjoaken - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 21:29

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 21:29
Don't worry, Steve,

I understand your approach. And agree wholeheartedly that to make an unresearched decision to buy at a show is foolish.

I also agree that you shouldn't impact your production schedule, either by being away from the factory, or (LOL) by taking too many orders!!!

Naturally, though, we have to find reasons to justify the $500+ it would cost to travel and overnight "just to look at one van". So some level of decision must already have been made before taking that step - for those distant from the factory.

As good as the "thosands words" a picture is worth, experience shows me that photographs of vans do very little to "sell" the ambiance and "love it" live-ability factor that carries 110% of the persuasive power in the decision making process.

Anyway, we are arranging to view some vans locally, thanks to BOG members, so there is hope for us yet...

Ken and Joan
FollowupID: 847135

Follow Up By: Black Cobra - Tuesday, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:16

Tuesday, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:16
So Steve I suppose a show in Baghdad would be out of the question. LOL!

Stewart
FollowupID: 847136

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Feb 06, 2007 at 18:40

Tuesday, Feb 06, 2007 at 18:40
Taipan, Black Cobra in Vietnam, (Iraq)

Now that is not as much of a funny as you might suspect... They have more money over there than they know where to shovel... I get requests for vans from the Middle East, particularly Saudi Arabia and Iran, but also Iraq and just about everywhere else on a monthly basis..... We get invites to places like Abu Dabi (spelling) and Dubai to have a Caravan Show, nearly every year...

But you can imagine how keen I am to fly over and do business there... Can't you?

Put it this way, I ain't going anywhere I can't take my horses.... Ha!

Stay safe

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847137

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 21:36

Monday, Feb 05, 2007 at 21:36
To be of a help,
Post me your address to Bushtracker, not here, at the Bushtracker address, and I will mail you out a DVD of the Factory Tour... It is not as good as a visit, but it will help.

Regards, Ranger

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 570482

Our Sponsors