Pick up our new B/t next week

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 13, 2007 at 20:12
ThreadID: 123323 Views:4358 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am so excited we set off to Kunda Park on Thursday to pick up our new B/T
early next week. Followed by a three week test run around outback NSW.
I am also a little nervous that all our planning with the layout etc is as we imagined.

About to live th dream

Lyn
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Feb 13, 2007 at 22:52

Tuesday, Feb 13, 2007 at 22:52
Congratulations on the big day finally arriving.

Our van was in the 2001 Brisbane show and we can still remember how proud we were that everyone was admiring our van.

Now you will join the rest of us and have people admiring your van and asking you questions about it.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 570599

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 at 05:38

Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 at 05:38
Hi Lyn,
Delivery Day Its a great day - take your time and ask lots of questions. Take 'Da Rangers' advise and lob into a local park for the night. This gives you a chance to test everything and read the manuals etc. Then set an easy itinery for the next few days.

I well remember our second day driving into our parking spot at a small coastal park. The roads were narrow and the corners were 90 degrees - usually with large trees growing on the inside bend.

As I eased slowly round the last one the Bt slowed gently to a standstill with a large tree resting on the nearside mid section of the van. "Oh F#@kit" (bother!) how embarrasing. Visions of heading back to the factory for repairs.

All the neaby residents got stuck in with ladders and large pruning saws while I disconned the van and cranked it sideways on the jockey wheel. A rub with a soapy rag took all the sap off and to my relief there was not the slightest bit of damage - nothing. Lesson well learned.

Enjoy

John and Jean
AnswerID: 570600

Reply By: Motley - Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:23

Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:23
John & Jean,

Sounds just like our experience on the way home with our new van and pulling into a caravan park at Mclean!

Enough to convince me that I should use the BT as it was intended - out in the bush!

We've stayed in parks since then but always our focus is on finding safe, comfortable, scenic spots where we don't have to battle with trees and other vans and we let the BT look after us!

Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 570601

Reply By: Silver Fox - Friday, Feb 16, 2007 at 00:58

Friday, Feb 16, 2007 at 00:58
Take your camera. Years later looking at the first pics is almost like baby photos. It's close to embarrassing how those good feelings from delivery day come back. Must be something to do with a nine month gestation?
Another suggestion is when one must use a van park. Park the rig outside and check out the sites offered. Many a time I have declined due to ridiculously small or inappropriate positions for parking. Happy tracking, Neil.
AnswerID: 570602

Our Sponsors