We Made the ABC News This Morning!!!!

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 29, 2007 at 19:56
ThreadID: 123439 Views:4453 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Wow! I am not taking the credit for this on the news, and I will not let them do their requests of pictures of me with Government Officials... I am putting the credit anonymously onto Bushtracker, but we made news for the Huge 40 metre horse arena that is now half erected on my horse property for disabled children riding programs...

After a setback with the first arena erection attempt, this one is going together properly and it is HUGE.... !! And it will be HUGE in the lives of about 250 families...

The future of surplus funds at Bushtracker is going to be used for the benefit of the RDA (Riding for the Disabled) which has therapeutic benefits to health and well being of handicapped, as well as a high point of their lives. We are moving the programs of Noosa Shire and Maroochy Shire to my horse property under this 42X40 Metre covered arena. You are all part of this, and can have a little "feel good" on how the Bushtracker profits are being spent for the benefit of the less fortunate. I know it does it for me...

In the future I am adding more stables, more paddocks, handicapped bathrooms, hay sheds, and if Bushtracker continues to thrive like it has; I hope to add another 40 Metre section so we can have the State and National Equestrian Special Olympics sort of Competitions there. I will try and get pictures, have a smile and feel good fuzzy over it.

Ranger, trying to a little good...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Landy - Friday, Mar 30, 2007 at 23:04

Friday, Mar 30, 2007 at 23:04
Steve

You have a big heart mate. We need more people like you doing it for the less fortunate. Keep it up

Best regards

Bill C
AnswerID: 570933

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Mar 30, 2007 at 23:31

Friday, Mar 30, 2007 at 23:31
You know Landy, thank you for that, and it was very kind of you to say that.... But I will let you in on a little secret....

I could spend my success on a fleet of BMWs, and get a few smiles as I drove around showing them off... Or something else stupid.. How about a Ferrari or some other ridiculous useless status symbol? But that is NO WHERE NEAR the high you get from 250 families whose lives you are bringing much joy and happiness too.... THOSE SMILES ARE REALLY GREAT !!!

I am riding a Tidal Wave smiles, and THAT is the meaning of success. What else you going to do? Better wines and scotches, better and better restaurants until you are fat and have high blood pressure and you fancy lifestyle shortens your life/?? Fancy useless marble mansion to show off?

I will tell you my secret, we were well off long before Bushtracker... And the most memorable Christmas we have ever had was one about 6 years ago, where all my kids went shopping for toys in all the big stores here and 100 kms away in Brisbane... We packaged up 15 pressies, good stuff, and snuck around and piled them high on the front yard at 10 at night on Christmas Eve; on the lawn of a Family that was struggling with 5 Handicapped Foster Children doing it tough.... Then we called their mobile phone with a muffled voice and had them go into the front yard from a couple of blocks away just to be sure they got it all...

Best Christmas we ever had!! Most memorable for ALL my children...!! And NOW?? It will be like Christmas for us EVERYDAY we go out to our Horse Property, to see all the good being done, and smiles everywhere....

Bill, its not that we are so big hearted, it is just the rest of you that are missing out on something this good, this great feeling it gives you...

To put a word to the work: Surfing the tidal wave of smiles....

Ha! More "bent thinking" from the lone Ranger................. Yea I know.....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847419

Reply By: Yogi and Muffin - Friday, Mar 30, 2007 at 23:42

Friday, Mar 30, 2007 at 23:42
Well said Steve,

I have had some minor involvement with Camp Quality which provides some outdoor fun for kids with cancer. To see the delight on their face when they are out enjoying themselves and away from the hospital environment is thanks enough.

Keep up the good work.

Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 570934

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Mar 31, 2007 at 01:16

Saturday, Mar 31, 2007 at 01:16
Yea Tony, you have got it !!!!

I myself am too weak and empathetic to work directly with the Kids... I will provide facilities and the land and paddocks and such, maintenance and work from afar... There are about 120 Volunteers that will work better, directly with the Kids...

But I will be close enough to take in all the smiles.. And believe it, the families benefit from the whole thing as well... But you know the feeling, and it is GOOD eh?

Best Regards, Ranger

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847420

Our Sponsors