Some advise to potential purchasers.....

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 04, 2007 at 01:58
ThreadID: 123464 Views:4575 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
To all you prospective owners out there who may be dithering over the 'buy or not to buy' question.

One of the major advantages of owning a Bushtracker is the fantastic level of ongoing support and advice that comes with the purchase. Not just from Steve and his team at the factory but from fellow boggers all over the country. Its like having a team of freee consultants on tap wherever you are

In a previous life I was farming and in senior managment in the mining game so I know a bit about 'Customer Service' In my opinion Steve and his organisation is the Benchmark that other organisations could do well to study.

He has no dealers to foist the blame off to - or the reverse. Who else does the amount of research and testing that Steve and his team before putting products into his 'Land Yatchs'

What other Managing Directors spend so much time helping owners and prospective purchasers and answering queries such as in this forum - which is run by owners and not the factory. What other products maitain their re-sale value as opposed to dropping 30% as soon as you drive out of the factory gates.

Finally your purchase will directly help support "Riding for the Disabled" a projest Steve has established on his property.which brings pleasure to over 250 families many of whom have been less fortunate than most of us.

In 2004 as a first time buyer I was apprehensive so had to really do my homework thorougherly -.and by that I dont mean just reading the so called 'Reviews' in caravan magazine articles. That research finally led us to a Bushtracher

We spend most of our travelling away from main roads, traffic and caravan parks for us it is the bush and remote coastal areas that provide the pleasures for us.

We really appreciate the total quality of the product and support that come with it. An example -I am currently out on the endge of the Little Sandy Desert in WA - I had a fridge pack up. Being a non-techie type and 800k from the nearest fridge technician I have been inundated with step by step instructions on how to trouble shoot the problem and get it running again.

Guess what brand my next caravan will be?

Regards "Grumblebum and the Dragon'

PS I have absolutely no links with the factory
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Apr 10, 2007 at 18:04

Tuesday, Apr 10, 2007 at 18:04
Grumblebum and Dragon,

I have taken a week to respond to this email. In all fairness, it is so glowing and independently sincere, I was a bit taken aback and did not know how to respond; that you had taken the time and gone out on a ledge in the light of your peers to make such a Praise report in a Nation of tall poppy knockers.. But I thank you....

And I am glad I was able to help in the resolution of your fridge problem... Please post the message you sent to me on the Owners Forum, for others to see how it was finally solved please...

By way of thanking you, for going out on a limb, as it is not popular in this nation to praise people, somehow we think knocking the acheivers is the way to go when in reality it is unproductive and damaging to the Nation... But that is another subject... Any way, by way of thank you, here are some pictures of the Bushtracker project underway to benefit the less fortunate:

This is a picture from the front entrance, over the Post and Rail style across the open air arena to the covered arena.. (Some of the children are just a little impaired from an accident or stroke or something, but some cannot take the sun at all...)

This is taken from about 1/10th of the way down the back of the 30 acre property, showing the size of the arena, in relation to my own Bushtracker van where I have been staying for the past two weeks to guard dog the project..... Along the right are some of the offices, handicapped bathrooms and such ready to go along side the arena once it is completed...

This is a bit further back, showing some of the horse paddocks and facilities... There are 14 double stables and horse paddocks... This is about 1/4 of the property length.

This is the style of it all, I want a bit of an Old Western feel, wagon wheel furniture, hay rides for the kids sort of thing... I had a rough childhood, but am hoping to bring joy to others like I wished I had....

One of the larger stable blocks is 25 metres long and has a great room I am trying to line in hardwood and burl tables, with a kitchen, to provide a Respite place for the Parents as well.....

This is one of the two houses on the property, a weekender for the lone Ranger, and a collection of horse and western art and gear for the kids...

We all leave behind something in our passing. I am hoping to have this be the Equestrian Headquarters for Special Needs Children for Queensland. It is about 1/2 finished in the two years I have spent carving it out of the bush... It is WAY beyond my own personal needs for my six Performance Cow Horse Reiners.... But not when I can do something good for others... In that context, I am worried that it is not big enough. But it is a fantastic venue, bordering a creek on one side, the highway on the one side and the North Maroochy River on one side... There will be camping areas, trail rides, picnic areas, and I hope to build another 40 meter section of Arena so maybe we can Host the National Competitions for Disabled Riders.... This will take years to finish building, and where the proceeds of the future of Bushtracker will be channeled. You can all have a smile....

lone Ranger rides again.....

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 571006

Follow Up By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Wednesday, Apr 11, 2007 at 02:08

Wednesday, Apr 11, 2007 at 02:08
Thanks Steve,
Praise only where it is due. I am also just as capable of nailing the "Could'nt give a stuff brigade" for the oxygen thieves they generally are.

The riding for the disabled project looks fantastic and we look forward to visiting when we eventually get to Qld.

Regards
John and jean

FollowupID: 847480

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Apr 16, 2007 at 22:33

Monday, Apr 16, 2007 at 22:33
Well that is great, your attitude... And others must share in it, with a similar outlook on Life... A Tafe Program has just come on board to plant trees in all the horse paddocks as part of a re-forestation program... And they have a program for Special Needs Children and want to do up a big garden in a spot I have reserved just for that...

It has been reported that Queensland University has come on board to get the whole property rezoned to Sport and Recreation, so if I can build the other half of the arena out to 80 Metres long, we can have the State Equestrian Special Olympics there.

The Shire is evidently contributing towards that goal as well....
And Pollies in Qld want to get their picture taken with me, but I am declining...

A Grand Opening for one of the Handicapped Riding Programs for one Club starts tomorrow, so I will be out there to rake up leaves and twigs and plow up the front 62 Metre Outdoor arena tonight under flood lights...

And there are reportedly 120 Volunteers that want to clean up the paddocks and do kids picnic areas and horse trails and all the rest. Looks like I won't be too lonely out there...

When you come, you are welcome... Heck, with water frontage on Browns Creek and the North Maroochy River, I was considering a Private Boggers Rally there as well. The back 15 acres is wide open and a nice spot under the view of Mount Ninderry... You would be welcome... Although compared with your Station out West, this is the Big Smoke 5 minutes to town... Ha!

This is going to be a different measure of success and wealth, poured into a greater good over the next few years..

The lone Ranger might not be battling alone on this one after all...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847481

Our Sponsors