DVD Feedback

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 11, 2007 at 10:23
ThreadID: 123489 Views:5029 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Steve
Firstly let me thank you for the quick response to our request for a copy of the Bushtracker DVD. We received it today having requested it just prior to Easter. I must admit that I was rather excited waiting for it to arrive because of the rave reviews that have been flowing in.
We watched it with friends immediately it arrived and I have just finished watching it a second time on the big TV.
Secondly we want you to know how much we enjoyed it. We know that the DVD was made under extreme offroad conditions that most of us will never attempt but it is enlightening to see just what the BTs can do without damage and makes any decision to buy a BT that much easier knowing that they can stand this type of track. We can't wait for August when we will pick up our BT and join the rest of the owners enjoying the outback.
The DVD also showed enough of the bush to make would be buyers and tar track owners want to get out there and enjoy it.

A friend of ours has a camper trailer with the Simplicity Suspension but I did not realise that it was that good. The DVD really shows how well the load sharing works and keeps caravan movement and bounce to a minimum.

As an ex Scout Leader, I have taken part in many camp oven cook outs but I must admit that Tracys meal made my mouth water again. Well done.

Well enough of the mushy flowery stuff. I am not much good at it anyway. Suffice to say, Steve, thanks for the DVD it is bloody good and will serve the purpose that it was designed for very well and I thank you for the opportunity to comment, but feedback is not complete unless any criticisms are aired so that future DVDs (and there should be some) can only be better.

1. Steve your voice fades away when you are not facing the camera.
2. I found it hard to believe that none of the vehicles had a tree protector to use when Tracy had to winched out of the rut. Never mind, good experience.

Thats the criticism, now for some things that I would like to see in any future DVD.
1. More off road tracks. These should not be in the main section as this needs to be short and to the point as the DVD is, but in other menu items. These offroad bits would make more owners drool.
2. A section showing some of the optional extras fitted such as the solar panels, air conditioners, Webasto heaters, batteries etc. This would probably be better in the factory section.
3. Show just how dust proof the BTs are by showing the insides just after the bull dust section.

Anyway Steve, keep up the good work. The DVD is great
Regards
Val and Col
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Apr 18, 2007 at 18:11

Wednesday, Apr 18, 2007 at 18:11
Thank you for taking the time to do the review....

Boggers, in general I thank all of you, it sounds like we are on track with our first DVD, and there will be more in the future...

Ski Ali, with regards to your constructive notes:
1. More off road tracks. These should not be in the main section as this needs to be short and to the point as the DVD is, but in other menu items. These offroad bits would make more owners drool.

I agree, and we will be doing some more in the future, trying to pick places that people would not have seen... We want to encourage people in the City Life to realize that this is not rugged bush bashing abusing expensive equipment... It is really quite the grand Lifestyle, good food, good exploration, good adventure, and in comfort...

2. A section showing some of the optional extras fitted such as the solar panels, air conditioners, Webasto heaters, batteries etc. This would probably be better in the factory section.

Thank you for that comment, but that is why we want People to come to the Factory, where we can show them all of that plus other gear that is Proprietary to Bushtracker alone and that cannot be gotten anywhere else, that we have developed over the year... Like the upgrades on the Suspension we do, bigger axle stubs, bearings, etc. As well as electronics and things we have developed as well as the general structure. 95 to 99 out of 100 that come for the Factory Tour will acknowledge we do the best. A very few will buy something else, mostly for other reasons of economics and such, but we want them to see what the best really is. The truth is that over the years many of those had a lot of problems or lost money on their vans, and we see them back anyway.

3. Show just how dust proof the BTs are by showing the insides just after the bull dust section.

Good Point, some things we take for granted...

Anyway Steve, keep up the good work. The DVD is great Thank You, LR
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 571102

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Apr 19, 2007 at 20:23

Thursday, Apr 19, 2007 at 20:23
You know Val and Col...
I could not sleep much last night, too much garlic and wine I think... Anyway, I do some of my most creative thinking in those dark hours of semi-dozing.... And this thought popped into my mind:

You thought it was strange we did not have a tree protector with us... You know, I don't necessarily want everyone to thunder out and look to buy a tree protector. The truth is that I for one have never even owned one. A snatch strap, YES and a good one, is a really great thing to have... But a tree protector?? We are limited to what we can carry, and yes a cable off a winch could ring bark and kill a tree. But I have successfully used snatch straps for this for many years. The snatch strap, run around the tree a few times and doubled up, is extremely strong doubled up and does the job just fine in not disturbing the bark too much.

Most winching jobs are light, and if wrap the snatch strap around the tree and then you even up the tail ends of the snatch strap to equal lengths and pulled on both ends like I do, you would not come anywhere near strength levels at 16 tonnes for an 8 tonne snatch strap doubled up for instance... Unless you are trying to pull out something extremely big, with yourself anchored to a tree and the cable doubled over with a snatch block, I cannot see a strength issue. Anyway, I have never even owned a tree protector, always using the snatch strap.. Just a random thought for the Newbies...

Regards, LR

Regards, lone Ranger....
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 571103

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 21:22

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 21:22
Steve, Tracy & Matt, (and g'day Uri & Judy)

Thanks for the great DVD. It took us back to our maiden BT voyage in 2002. Through Cracow, Taroom and Injune to the Mount Moffat Section of Carnarvon Gorge National Park. Not surprised that you couldn't find Nathan Gorge. National Parks have probably closed the track, just like they did with the southern access into Expedition National Park. We went around via Reedy Creek but later found the track from Glenhaughton to Shepherds Peak and Starkvale Creek camp was okay for BT. (Just a little tricky at Starkvale end). Qld Nat Parks have put a sign up that the the road is closed (probably just because they don't want to maintain it). They seem to have an agenda that National Parks are places that people shouldn't be allowed in!!........look what they've done to Fraser Island!!.....

They also closed the walking track to The Toombs in Mt. Moffat (but we found them anyway!!). Great to see Dargonella Rock Hole where you camped, along with that spectacular Marlong Arch and the steep climb up to Consuelo Tableland Lookout. We unhooked at Dargonella for 2 nights and toured the park in the Cruiser.

We showed the DVD to some friends in Coffs and now they want to order a Bushtracker!!

I also picked up a copy of the new brochure and we are proud to have our rig featured on the back cover...below the Old Ghan Railway's Algebuckina Bridge between Oodnadatta and Dalhousie Springs.

And, after 5 years, travelling for an average of 3 months per year, we've now notchted up 35000km. Our Bushtracker is still like new and we could sell it tomorrow for more than what we paid for it. No, we won't be ordering another BT.... we reckon we got it right the first time!!

Cheers..........Rob and Liz

Whereyoureallybeen Uri & Judy?

AnswerID: 571104

Our Sponsors