TIP # 156 Front Clip Protection Available for Ford Owners….

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 20:05
ThreadID: 123508 Views:3819 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
With maybe 100 Fords running towing Bushtracker vans, I have seen some good Bull Bars…. And some not so good ones. For those of you that want a Winch: The Ford big steel Bull Bar, has not been popular due the fact that Ford did not import the winch cradle for it… Well it is here now. Warn is making it and it is available…

Why the TIP? Well I have seen some pathetic alloy bars that did not look like they would take much of a hit. The Ford steel bar is better looking in my opinion, bigger tubes, and unlike some of the 4x4 accessory Mobs that run smaller tubing around the headlights it also does not have to have the small tube that cuts off the visibility to the turn indicators. The Ford Bar has one larger tube that goes all the way around the headlight module. It is heavier tubing and better in my opinion, both in looks and function.. Have a look, one large tube around the headlight and turn indicator module:

Why the TIP? Now that some areas got a bit of rain this year, there will be a big population explosion of dormant Joey Embryos, and hit a big roo, and it could dramatically wreck your Trip… I have personally found that many alloy bars, will just not handle a big roo, steel in general is still a superior bar once you are out of the City Values of “nice and shine..” Mind you, I have had a good bar made in alloy, but it gets very expensive to do it right and by the time you get thick enough there is not much weight savings either..

If you ARE going alloy, in my opinion, the pre-fab ones are not adequate.. I have had them Custom Built myself, and you can do a fair job of it. Get larger tube wall thicknesses, 8mm plate and such, but this will be expensive in the $2500-$3000 (at least) where the Ford steel bar is around $1200 and cheap insurance… And you will need the Warn Winch cradle in either case. It is what is on mine above.

Regards, Ranger....

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors