17,000 lb 2.5" 1700 lb ball weight Gooseneck Drop Hitch For Sale....

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 19, 2007 at 21:32
ThreadID: 123524 Views:3979 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I ended up with two.... Now this is a really great hitch, the kind that gives you a drop as you can see in the photos. If any of you have a high vehicle and are going to build a custom receiver on the truck, this is the slide in part... In the picture, it is only the curved shiney part, and if you look at it you see the curved neck and the beak like head that gave the ball mounts the name "Goose Neck"... The purpose of the "Drop Hitch" is when you have a high suspension or truck towing and need the lower hook up point... As in the Lift in my F-350 for more ground clearance.. A standard Weight Distribution Hitch head unit bolts right on the Reece Gooseneck where it narrows down.

It is not the cone hitch on there, and it is not the Weight Distribution Hitch head, which you can buy, it is just the shiney Goose Neck part... AND NOTE, IT TAKES A 2.5" RECEIVER HOLE OR THE PROPER BIG 6 TONNE REECE HITCH... NOT THE STANDARD 2".. Or you can have an Transport Engineering shop build you a reciever to suit it, but it is massively strong.

It is the first one shipped to me last year and got lost in the mail to go by boat somewhere... It arrived months later, after I had replaced it, and now sits in my office. You can have it for $260, or use it as an expensive boat anchor.... I have no need of two... Regards, Ranger
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Black Cobra - Friday, Apr 20, 2007 at 14:35

Friday, Apr 20, 2007 at 14:35
Steve,

This Gooseneck will not fit into the 4500kg receiver is that correct, are they 2" as I might be getting a suspension kit in the near future.

Stewart
AnswerID: 571221

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Apr 20, 2007 at 23:25

Friday, Apr 20, 2007 at 23:25
Yes Stewart, it would take a 2.5" Receiver hole. The American Reece actually comes with a 1/4" wall sleeve, so the larger suspension can accept the smaller 2" ball mounts as well. But you would have to have an engineering shop that had a Transport Engineer on staff, to modify your existing hitch for the larger box section receiver hole.

I would guess in the $500 range. But that is cheaper than trying to get the larger one over from the U.S. I got a 4" lift, and so need this drop... It goes 2" lower yet so I am guessing it will be level for a 6" lift maximum. If you look at the shape, you can see where the name Gooseneck Drop Hitch came from. We erroneously call all of the ball mounts here goose necks, but this is a real one, drop forged massive strength.

Probably overkill except for the drop, that is why I got it... But a full import truck can tow 6-7 tonnes in this size....

Regards, and stay safe in the civil war...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847616

Our Sponsors