Sydney Caravan Show

Submitted: Friday, Apr 27, 2007 at 21:07
ThreadID: 123544 Views:4366 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I travelled down from Cairns Qld last weekend to attend the caravan show to see if I could get some new ideas for our van. Standing in a Kedron off road van with a price tag of $119000 I marvelled at the genius I had to buy a Bushtracker. Some of the prices of these new vans are obscene when you compare the quality and functionality of the BT to them. I did not get any new ideas but I am returning to Cairns smug in the knowledge I got my van at a bargain price compared to what is being flogged as off road now.

Steve this is an unsolicited plug!!!!

See you on the road,

Bill C
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 00:56

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 00:56
Landy, I know what you mean. I have just finished looking at the new Bushtracker DVD and have a couple of comments to offer from my perspective even though there are other postings I know I could add it on to.

1) If Ivan did to our van what another Offroad van manufacturer does to theirs in their DVD's and Videos, we would be having a domestic which could be heard throughout most of Australia. If someone is going to pay the kind of money you indicate for a van, they would not want to be putting it through the extreme rotten treatment that would incur the kind of damage I have seen on the other manufacturer's footage. And despite whether there is justification to do that to a van (which I still don't think there is), there is no justification to do it to the environment. Therefore I think the BT DVD shows a more balanced approach in using our vans to get to some of the rougher places but without damage inside and outside the van. The "rough and tough shoot em up" kind of yobbo approach to using a van like ours is not one I would support and personally I don't know of any other BT owners who are interested in that kind of travel or who treat their vans that way and come away proud or laughing.

2) Steve, there are times when it is difficult to hear what you are saying on the DVD when you have your back to the camera.

3) Tracey, thankyou for your lovely cooking adventures on the DVD. From a female perspective I think one of the things that interests me is still being able to provide nutritional and well cooked meals whilst travelling and yet not have to spend all day in the kitchen to prepare or cook them.

4) I liked the humour that came through at times on the DVD.

5) Steve, perhaps an on-flow from this DVD is to ask owners to send in their own movies which could be edited together to make an Owners DVD. I reckon they wouldn't wait to hand them out to friends and prospectives if they had been a part of it's making.

All in all, I thought the DVD gave a more balanced approach to the lifestyle and what most owners have bought their vans to achieve, whether it be for permanent or holiday living.

Well done.

Angie
AnswerID: 571282

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:26

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:26
WOOOOOOOOOOOO....... HOOOOOOOOOOO...... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good on ya Cyclone Angie.... WOW.....!!! Well said and awesome Critique... !!

Got ta Love ya Babe! Ranger...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847673

Reply By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:34

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:34
Thank you Bill,
That was a very nice comment, and we at Bushtracker appreciate your comments...
Thank you for taking the time, and for all the Newbies sake....

Newbies: There are people out there, that copy our style, but that does not make them a Bushtracker... I just wish we could somehow get the idea out to more people NOT to buy at the Show.. Instead go to the respective Factories and see how the vans are built on the inside... Even though I think we have a nicer finish and equipment, the trip to the Factory should be mandatory before a purchase and will instill confidence in your decision...

To copy our style is flatery, I don't mind... As long as people will take the time to look at the detail and finish but ALSO the structure that makes Bushtracker the top.... Please, don't fall for the outer skin in appearance for your own sake. Take the time to come to the Factory, and if you do, there is about a 98% chance you will own a Bushtracker.

Thank you again "Landy" for your positive attitude and your comments. Cheers. LR

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 571283

Follow Up By: Landy - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 19:01

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 19:01
Steve

I am a qualified aircraft engineer now semi retired. I know good engineering when I see it. When I first visited the Sydney show many years ago I knew nothing about caravans and the wife and I were looking for ideas and to select a van. We came across the Bushtracker stuck away in a back alley at the show, one look at the design and finish and we were sold, but we did our visit to the factory before making the final decision. The rest is history, a 2005 19ft awsome package that will go anywhere.

Quality speaks for itself

Bill C
FollowupID: 847674

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 20:17

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 20:17
Landy,
I am ashamed to say I cannot even remember what you looked like, but I know you and hope to shake your hand again some day... I hate to admit it, but I know you but cannot place you... Pull up in your Disco, and then I would know.... BILL !!

I am going to blow Bushtracker wide open instead of retiring... The good I can do with the success gives me the greatest feeling in the world. The RDA indoor arean is just about finished and I will have to get some pictures on here, offices and handicapped bathrooms next, but the programs have already started. Due to the delay, some of the kids have not gotten to ride in months. A shocker happened just last Monday, one of the kids, impaired from an accident or something, but all there, just could not suppress his Huge JOY at being back in the saddle and let out a SHRIEK of happiness that was totally unmistakeable at about 200 meters where I was... The smile was EAR TO EAR...

Anyways, I am Recruiting !! I know you are Retired, I have retired twice already myself !! But this gives the opportunity to help a LOT of people on a bigger scale of things.. As well as a personal interest that relates to the Lifestyle... A good person like you has a place here at Bushtracker if you ever want join the Team... I am headed for doubling of the Staff, Night Shift, and possibly Graveyard Shift. At the same time, our Accounting is beginning the process of a larger Factory as well... Bill, you could apply your AirCraft Engineering here for sure, you want to run a Crew???? Even part time during bad weather parts of the year???

Even if not, best of wishes, and hope to shake you hand or pour out some wine some day...

Regards, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847675

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:38

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:38
Steve, I am just telling it like I see it. There will be others who may disagree with my comments and that is their prerogative. My little feelings won't be hurt, and neither will our bank budget through having to get needless damage repaired.

By the way, how long is the warranty on a BT? LOL.

Cyclone Angie
AnswerID: 571284

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 20:05

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 20:05
Cyclone Angie,

Angie, other people have their own agendas they feel they have to defend, usually due to an outside influence like finance or the Missus liked the curtains in another Brand. They will squawk, but down inside, everyone keeps coming back to Bushtracker or secretly they would like to... ha! They will come around to the Best, happens two three times a week, and last week 8-9 times...

As to your van.... For good people with good attitudes, I will always be there to lend a hand and assistance... BTW, I am hoping we checked out your air bag suspension... If not and anyway: Keep an eye on the retainers, the air pressure, the bump stop distances mandated by VC that are a result of the air pressure you run, and your oil shockies... Check the shocks for any oil leaks...

Best Regards... Ranger....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 847676

Our Sponsors