Our new BT

Submitted: Friday, Apr 27, 2007 at 23:23
ThreadID: 123545 Views:5684 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We picked up our new 20 foot BT at end of march and took 18 days to travel back to Adelaide. Thank you to all of the guys at BT, not only ffor a terrific van but for the extraordinarily patient and helpful handover. There was so much information given on the day that we forgot some of it, especially re the operation of the audio visual gear but Daniel and Brian from SIM were just too happy to fix all of this over the phone.The van is everything we had hoped for and more. People comment about the sturdy construction and quality of the finish inside and out. Also my Discovery 3 TDV6 tow vehicle performed wonderfully. Thank you to all at BT for building us a wonderful vaan that will eventually see lots of this great country of ours.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 00:36

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 00:36
Jim and Jan,

Congratulations on a safe pickup and maiden voyage. The fun now is deciding when, where, how, and all the other little questions in between as to what the next trip will look like. We hope to see you both on the road in the not too distant future.

Don't forget to put some photos in the albums as Angie luuuuurves photos.

Angie and Ivan
AnswerID: 571285

Reply By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:24

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:24
Thank you for the very nice thoughts Jim and Jan....

Anything you are unsure of, any gaps to fill in, I would be pleased to help you as much as you need to fully feel comfortable with your new Land Yacht...

Please send in any questions or information required to my attention at sales@bushtracker.com our email address, and I will be happy to be of help to someone with such a beamingly positive attitude...

Thank you once again.... Steven Gibbs, Director, Bushtracker, aka lone Ranger.

Happy People make me feel a success in Life...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 571286

Reply By: Kenso - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 03:17

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 03:17
Good to see another TD3 towing a tracker! you are right Jimjan great tow vechile! don't know why named it a discovery, the only thing it has in common with the previous versions is the manufacturer and having 4 wheels :-)

Catch you on the road somewhere.

Kenso
AnswerID: 571287

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 05:41

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 05:41
Hi Jim and Jan,
Glad you made it safely home. I nearly had a mishaip on day 2 back in June 2005. Driving to a site at Tinnabar CP where the site roads were VERY Narrow and had 90 deg bends. I took it as wide as possible without denting the pram on the other side of the road. Fortunately I was travelling very slowly cos the Bt gently slowed to a stop. Hopping out to check I found the nearside windows pressed firmly into a tree. Shock horror and visions of having a repair so early in our travels.

However after unhooking the van and cranking it away from the tree followed by some serious pruning by fellow campers we were clear.. The deep scratches in the window turned out to be sap and it all washed off without a singlw mark. May not have been so lucky in a lessor van

It was a good lesson - sometimes the Dragon has to walk in front checking for overhead branches as we ipush into good bush sites.

Once we got home and packed up the house we drove down to the main road and flipped a coin to see if we turned left ot right.

Now you can get into the great Bt life style. Enjoy

John and Jean

AnswerID: 571288

Reply By: 11-UPS - Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 06:22

Saturday, Apr 28, 2007 at 06:22
John & Jean

Nearly came to grief in same CP in January 06,might of been same tree.Flipped the coin January this year and taking the short route around OZ the slow way.Am living a better lifestyle now than we ever had,free camping most of the time living on fish mud,sandcrabs and prawns etc with million dollar views.

Regards
Darrell & Jackie
AnswerID: 571289

Follow Up By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Sunday, Apr 29, 2007 at 23:45

Sunday, Apr 29, 2007 at 23:45
Hi D and J,
I have heard that this park will, or has closed. Another loss for us and another win for the developers. It was a great little spot - except for the tree.
Cheers

John
FollowupID: 847677

Our Sponsors