Thetford Cassette

Submitted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 00:21
ThreadID: 123591 Views:4829 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just a follow up on our problem with blowing fuses.Post ID 3221
I found that the pump was faulty.Replaced it with a Rule Bilge pump,made in USA.
The cost $24 available at most marine shops,works great.The pump is submersible,low amp motor,no burn out when run dry,stainless steel shaft,2.5 amp fuse.A bit cheaper than a genuin Thetford pump ( $150 ).Thanks to all our BT friends that comented on this problem.We are ready for the road again Bob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 01:12

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 01:12
Bob was that an in line type pump or one that is designed a bit like a top hat, so it stands on the bottom.
Or do you still have the part number?

I might carry one as a spare as my Thetford pump has jammed a few times.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 571470

Reply By: Bob & Chris - Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 03:00

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 03:00
Hi Bob
Yep its a bit like a top hat,you can also mount it on its side.One word of caution its about 2.5 times larger than the original.There is no problem with this as there is plenty of room to to fit it through the toilet roll holder compartment.
Rule 360 gph Bilge pump Model 24.The original discharge hose fits inside the discharge of the Rule pump. I super glued it in.You do not have to muck about with changing plumbing.It works great.Hope this helps Bob
AnswerID: 571471

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 03:40

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 03:40
We fitted a similar bilge pump when the main pump packed it in, but we found it pumped a lot more water through, and I couldn't find one that would go deep enough in the original pump cavity, so eventually gave in a bought a Thetford one again.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 847799

Our Sponsors