A Bogger in need...

Submitted: Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 23:50
ThreadID: 123639 Views:4507 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
A friend and fellow Bogger contacted me this morning seeking assistance. He has been incapacitated whilst staying in Albany WA and needs to return home to Gold Coast QLD.
He is unable to drive, and wants to get his Patrol and BT returned somehow to the Gold Coast.
It would seem to me that this will be an expensive exercise if a carrier has to be organized especially for this task.
I would appreciate any suggestions which I can pass on to him, or any specific recommendations regarding carriers etc. Would rail be an option? Perhaps a backload with an eastern states based carrier?
All suggestions appreciated.
With thanks everyone
Bob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Friday, May 18, 2007 at 00:16

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 00:16
My first check would be with my insurers, both van, tow vehicle and health.
Some have repatriation clauses to cover events such as this.

How does he feel about someone flying over and driving the rig back?

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 571639

Reply By: Black Cobra - Friday, May 18, 2007 at 10:49

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 10:49
Bob, yes it will be expensive. I used TNT transport to truck my F250 when I purchased it from Bathurst to Adelaide where it was put on rail to Perth again TNT. The Ford dealer went halves with me but the total cost was $2500.

Maximus had his 21' BT trucked from the factory to Perth for a cost of around $5200 I think,

Just to give you an idea of the costs, not cheap.

Stewart
AnswerID: 571640

Reply By: Shortcuts - Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 08:45

Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 08:45
If it is any help to you we live approx 450km from Albany at a little place called Clackline which is about 80km east of Perth. We would be happy to help by picking up the van and patrol and store them at our property until some arrangements can be by the owner to get them home.
AnswerID: 571641

Our Sponsors