a favour please?

Submitted: Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 00:38
ThreadID: 123647 Views:4269 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
We live in the middle of the NT and i have just been on the phone to Peter at BTi to buy 3 new batteries for the van but when Peter priced the freight it is going to cost over $500 to transport the batteries to us here in Elliott.
Is there anyone who is coming this way from the Brisbane/ Maroochydore area of Q'ld and could do us the enormous favour of bringing the batteries to us. We need them before the beginning of June as we want to go camp at King Ash Bay for 2 weeks but our batteries are so bad we will be running the genny 24/7.
Thank you in anticipation
Prue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Innkeepers - Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 02:00

Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 02:00
Sorry Prue....it looks like September before we get up your way...sure there'll be someone sooner.
Enjoy your break.
Cheers
Rick
AnswerID: 571657

Reply By: Bob & Chris - Monday, May 21, 2007 at 01:52

Monday, May 21, 2007 at 01:52
Hi Prue
I Know that this will get good and bad coments.
Yep our batteries failed 15 months from new.Like you I would not pay that amount of freight.Ours started to go down hill fast at King Ash Bay.We got to Mataranka,and that was that.On to Katherine.3 new wet cell batteries $190 each.Great service freezer just thawed out,beer a bit warm.I thought that at that price if I get 12 months out of them,for $570 we will be going ok.Guess what 20 months on still going strong.I will not go into how long they will hold there charge under full load etc. I will leave that to the experts.
I have found with our small use of power, lights,TV.fridge and bits and pieces we usually dont drop below 12v. I make sure that we are back to 13.8v by the next evening.
You may wish to use this type of battery,But please check with the experts first.Bob
AnswerID: 571658

Our Sponsors