Startracker

Submitted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 05:22
ThreadID: 123668 Views:5564 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all just purchased a "Startracker" (Dont Laugh) we love it, easy to tow and have it up in 10 minutes, BUT the other day the front wind up wire snapped, SO is there any other Startracker owners who my have a wireing diagramme of the wind up wires and how they operate.........sent a query to Bushtracker but no reply
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 05:56

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 05:56
It would be interesting to know how many of these Bushtracker made, as I have only heard of one being on our forum and they used to live out in the Kingaroy area.

You will probably have to persist with Bushtracker by email or phone.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 571721

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 08:06

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 08:06
Did you buy the one that was advertised on rv point? I thought it might have been a one and only. You will have seen Chris's reply on the caravaners forum that she by chance met the original owners recently.

The wiring is most likely similar to other wind up caravans, in which case any good caravan repairer should be able to point you in the right direction. We used to have an old wind up before the BT, and the wires used to creak and grown but never gave out. My daughter who uses the camper now had a similar type of old windup some years ago, and had the wiring replaced by a local repair shop, and it promptly failed again (which says a lot about the local shop), so she and her partner toured Australia just pushing the top up from inside and propping it up with sticks!

Steve of Bushtracker has been away at an event with his horses. We are waiting on a reply from him on a different topic. No doubt is mail box is very full after a week or so absence.

Have fun with your camper.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 571722

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 04:41

Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 04:41
Cobber,

Bushtracker are usually prompt with replys to emails but some people have put "AU" at the end of the email address and that ends up at a clothing company in Sydney.

The one to use is sales@bushtracker.com

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 571723

Our Sponsors