10.....DAZE to go.

Submitted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 18:18
ThreadID: 123686 Views:4209 Replies:5 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Yes BOGGERS...the countdown is verging on "Single Digits".....

10 DAZE to go and we're off like Robbers Dogs to pick up our BT......YIP YAH..

Not exactly a technically oriented post...but no less important to US...

Sorry to be driving you all mad...just had to spread our joy..
Cheers all and Happy Bogging
Rick & Julie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 20:13

Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 20:13
Rick and Julie,

As I said before, can you smell a BT in the air LOL?

Angie
AnswerID: 571772

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 20:56

Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 20:56
Yeah Angie, you're just on the other side of town.....must be a Southerly breeze that's doing it to us....

Seeya Thursday
Cheers
Rick
FollowupID: 847965

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 22:05

Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 22:05
Hi Rick and Julie,
Yeah - let the good times roll. We rented a cabin up in the hills so we could gaze down on the factory in anticipation. I do remember it was a great drive down the hill on the way to collect.

I was in the factory the day before 'D' day and remember thinking "there is no way this will be finished by 9am tomorrow morning". But it was, all sparkling clean with a huge pile of exotic goodies on the table as a welcome to us.

Now you can start the fun bit of planning all the interesting out of the way places you can visit.

Catch you off the road sometime

John and Jean

AnswerID: 571773

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 03:47

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 03:47
Hi John & Jean,
Thanks for sharing your expreience too...."Life's Good". Yes planning the next break is nearly as much fun as the break itself....nearly.

We've scheduled a month off for our selves in September.....should be good time to travel too.

"Catch you off the road sometime".... sounds good to us...

Cheers and sfae travels
Rick & Julie
FollowupID: 847966

Reply By: TripnTaps - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 06:59

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 06:59
Wow... I recall that excitment Rick and Julie

The counting down... marking the days off on the calender. Luckily for us we had a number of folk on this forum all cued up within days of each other to collect 'THEIR BT' and we were as excited for them as we were for ourselves - so we counting the hours down and thinking of them on their special day.

Our morning came.. we drove straight through from Victoria and slept outside the factory in the car. You know we felt like a couple of kids on Christmas morning... couldn't wait to get our hands on OUR BT

The best part of the whole experience have been the wonderful people we have met through this forum - good, genuine down to earth people whose company we enjoy sharing from time to time.

Trust we will get the chance to meet up with you round a campfire .. out bush.

Have a great pick up.. pack a lunch and a thermos and if you have one a video camera.

Cheers,
Helen
AnswerID: 571774

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 07:26

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 07:26
Hi Helen,
Well that all sounds like it's out of a feel good movie script and we're so happy that we stumbled onto this forum.

Since joining last month, we've been made feel so welcome and the positves all flow from the masses.

Actually ours is a near new preloved 18 footer and we're going to Adelaide to pick it up. We leave Rockhampton in the wee hours of June 5th and from then we have 12 days to get to Adelaide and hook up and get back to Armidale for our next motel relief.

With that in mind we think we should be able to have a few days camped by the Murray just relaxing and yes that meet around the campfire sounds great....love a good fire and few drinks and lots of tales.

We'll upload a few pics to our website when we get to the Murray and we'll post an update, just to keep in touch.

Cheers and thanks for taking the time.
Regards
Rick & Julie

FollowupID: 847967

Reply By: Panna Trackers - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 08:12

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 08:12
It seems like the excitement of the BT life is infectious. We arrived at the factory 7 days early and got to go in each day to watch the progress as The Swag was born. The people at the factory just worked around us with knowing smiles.
I guess the antisipation of traveling across half the country to collect your new home is special to all of us.
Travel Safe and keep all of us, who have watched your adventure unfold, informed.
Trevor & Lyndal
AnswerID: 571775

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 17:50

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 17:50
Hi Trevor & Lyndal,
Yes it's like the dawn of a new episode in our lives, as it was for most.
We're freelance contractors and as such are in control of our work calendar, so we had 2 months holiday in Central OZ last year (May & June). The first time in our lives that we'd had such a long break and it really opened our eyes to the reality of the dream...we can do this.

So we're structuring towards just that.

We met some wonderful people on the road last year...all with different ways of reaching the same goal. I guess that was fascinating in itself...not to mention the places and the scenery and......

We have a web site started and I really need to bring it up to date with all our travel pics and the like. I built our work web site 4 years ago and don't need to do any more to that as we have more than enough work for the next 2 years. So I should get a little more focussed there.

Happy Trails
Rick & Julie
FollowupID: 847968

Follow Up By: Panna Trackers - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 18:36

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 18:36
Hi Rick & Julie
I like the way you say you have control of your work calendar. A good feeling.
We have done just that. I resigned last week and after late july I will be on long service until it runs out in november, after that it is on the road.
Yep feels great to be in control of the work calendar.
Travel Safe
Trevor & Lyndal
FollowupID: 847969

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 10:12

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 10:12
I seem to recall there was a term coined for this period of agonising anticipation it was called 'BATTS' Cannot remember what it stood for now - I am sure some member will enlighten us.

John
AnswerID: 571776

Our Sponsors