Removing rear seats F250 extra cab.

Submitted: Monday, May 28, 2007 at 07:57
ThreadID: 123694 Views:4429 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone done this? The seat part flips up, but the back appears to be fixed. Being an extra cab, just folding the seats doesn't leave much space for the Engel etc. The booklet gives no info on seats at all.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Black Cobra - Monday, May 28, 2007 at 11:03

Monday, May 28, 2007 at 11:03
Its opposite in the dual cab, the back folds down but the seat part stays put, same thing, to get the room for the fridge have to remove back seat and make up a wooden floor that uses the seat bolts.

I have not done this yet but NiknOff has done this and apparently it works well.

Stewart
AnswerID: 571782

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 08:26

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 08:26
Thanks for the advice Stewart. By the time i got home from work, hubby had got them out OK. He made a chip board platform for the Engel in the Patrol, so should work similarly here. We are hard pressed to find a spot for the control unit for the solar and battery and Anderson plugs though.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

FollowupID: 847972

Reply By: Paul and Barb - Monday, May 28, 2007 at 18:42

Monday, May 28, 2007 at 18:42
To get the back of the rear seat out, just grab it from the bottom and lift it up. It's held in by clips.

Paul.
AnswerID: 571783

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 08:29

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 08:29
Thanks Paul - My husband beat me to it, and had the seats out by the time i got home from work. I think there will only just be room for the Engel and we are finding it hard to get a spot to put the controller for the battery and solar as well as Anderson plugs. We need to be able to use the seats occasionally when not camping.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

FollowupID: 847973

Reply By: Quicksilver - Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 18:02

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 18:02
Yes the seats are a problem in the F250. Compared to the Jap vehicles that seem to have all these options covered, and also have lots of little extras like handy compartments etc.
One thing that annoys, is lack of a lockable compartment.(Even our 85 Bronco's centre compartment is lockable) Ok, if someone broke into a locked vehicle - a locked compartment wouldn't be much of a problem, but it would be a deterent for an "oppotunist" passing an unlocked vehicle.
The finish of the roof lining at the back window leaves a lot to be desired also.
And how about the "mingy" factory supplied single side step on the 4 door model !

However, as David keeps telling me, it's designed as a "Workhorse Truck" and I can't argue with that - and it does provide a comfortable ride, it's roomy and great to drive. I love it really.

Cheers, Denice

Quicksilver - Breakin Loose

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 571784

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 21:44

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 21:44
Hi Denice

Really for a 'truck' it has a reasonable finish. We will investigate putting in a glove box, as i think some people have done this. Also we need to seal from dust and water the gaps in the tail gate.

The Patrol is still a beaut car to drive and has done us well towing, but just not quite enough power when a bit extra is needed. It will be a shame to let it go, but it is too much $$s to keep it.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

FollowupID: 847974

Our Sponsors