Moving On

Submitted: Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 06:41
ThreadID: 123747 Views:4498 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hey Boggers,
Well the pick up has happened and we now have the reallity of that other four letter word..."WORK"...Armidale needs us....and soon....so we've torn ourselves away from the Murray River camp at Lyrup, between Berri and Renmark and camped last night at Bottle Bend, 30 K's east of Mildura...still on the Murray and a great spot only 2 k's off the highway. No facilities, but who needs them with a BT??

The area would support a large group of travellers and has loads of clean fresh Murray water for showers and the like.... and there is plenty of open areas to attract sun for the solar panels....did I mention that the fish don't stop jumping and the Black Swans are just beautiful.

Site Link

We've moved to another camp on the Murrumbidgee River West of Narranderra and will add pics of this beautifull spot tomorrow.

Cheers
Rick & Julie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 07:54

Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 07:54
Are you adding these lovely camping spots to our database?
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 571973

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 06:19

Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 06:19
We'll be back in Armidale and take over the motel this Sunday, so will put the collected data on theBOG camp section for all to benefit from...just great camps and are all BT friendly...some had low hanging trees and were not good enough, but these few will suit all all BT owners and are great short stops or long term camps...Last nights on the Murrumbidgee was so beautiful..hope you get to enjoy them.

img src= Site Link

There's more pics on our "Pictures' page on BOG...go take a look

Cheers
Rick & Julie
FollowupID: 848071

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 20:34

Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 20:34
When we went through Armadale a week ago it was 3C so hope you enjoy the weather when you arrive there.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 571974

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 06:30

Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 06:30
Hi Brian,
Yes it's the chilly time of year in Armidale and we'll be there doing motels for the next 2 months.....Brrr...Last July when we were there it was -11 and the swimming pool froze over...still I guess I didn't have to clean it and the motel guests certainly weren't going to use it.....

Hey we have a new Satellite Dish for the BT...should be a goer this one, but it really knocks the fuel economy around....Oh well...take the good with the bad.

Site Link
Safe Travels down South and head home to thaw out soon.

Cheers
Rick & Julie

FollowupID: 848072

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 07:11

Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 07:11
I see why your sat dish causes so much fuel consumption, but at least the reception should be good.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 848073

Follow Up By: CD & JW - Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 17:38

Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 17:38
Anyone for a game of cricket. CD&JW
FollowupID: 848074

Reply By: Bonnidowns - Monday, Jun 18, 2007 at 05:03

Monday, Jun 18, 2007 at 05:03
We overtook you going up the Moonbi's, thought it was you with SA number plates, tried to give you a call on 18 and 40 but no answer!!!.
We had to stay the night in Armidale and were hoping to have fluked staying at your Motel but no. We were in Armidale for the soccor carnival, on the way back threw town drove past the BT parked out the front of motel. We would loved to stop and talk but the 3 hr drive home didn't allow it. It looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Ian & Sheryl
AnswerID: 571975

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Monday, Jun 18, 2007 at 05:42

Monday, Jun 18, 2007 at 05:42
Hi Ian & Sheryl,
Oh wow what a close thing that was....well yes we were a little tired when we got to the Moonbi's as we had started the day South of Dubbo and had been travelling longer than we had wanted the preceding days as we lingered by the Murray longer than we should have. Then when we got to Tamworth Julie had had enough of the chatter on UHF on CH 40 and turned it off....we normally monitor 18/40 on scan.

Oh what a shame we missed you....well we'll be in Armidale for the next 2 months if you're passing through again. We're at this motel for 2 weeks until the owners get back from Bali and then we do 3 others in town for a fortnight each...just around the corner from this one.

Good to hear from you though and thanks for taking the time to let us know how close we were..better luck next time.

Cheers
Rick & Julie
FollowupID: 848075

Our Sponsors