Any BT,s visiting Cairns

Submitted: Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 18:23
ThreadID: 123750 Views:5237 Replies:7 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to all Bog Members,

I have only recently signed up for a new BT and am starting to look at Layouts.
I would love to talk to any one who is visiting Cairns or is in the Area and would be willing to show me their Rig to get some Ideas on the Layouts.

Bernie & Kerry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Quicksilver - Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 19:11

Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 19:11
Hi Bernie & Kerry,

Great choice. We signed up in April and having chosen the layout but are still asking questions of other "Boggers" to get it right.
We have received and are so grateful for the help and advise from other experienced owners, so you are sure to get lots of responses.

Firstly what size is your van ?
Is it mostly for use for just the two of you?

Ours is a 21ft model - we wanted to be able to stretch out a little and from the seats - look out the door, so we went for a wrap-around lounge at the back, kitchen & ensuite in the centre. This creates a 2 room effect. Some prefer a more "open" layout, and prefer to have the ensuite at the back to enable quick access from outside.

With our layout we can also turn the lounge into another bed.

I always find it easier to see the real thing rather than look at a plan, so in the beginning I prowled around every caravan sales yard I could find just to look at layouts. If you can sit in one for a few minutes it will help you decide. Once you have come up with a general idea - ask BTi to send you some plans for consideration. If our layout is of interest we could send you the plan.

Suggest you become a member of the Owners Group as everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Cheers, David & Denice

Quicksilver - Breakin Loose

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 571979

Follow Up By: SKIDRO - Monday, Jun 18, 2007 at 21:24

Monday, Jun 18, 2007 at 21:24
Breaking Loose !

Thank you for your response.
We are getting a 20' model and it is for just the two of us.
I like the Idea of turning the lounge into a bed , which would cater for our grandkids
when they come along on a holiday with Nanna & Pop.
Your Layout sounds interesting and I would appreciate a copy of your plan.

Bernie & Kerry

Thanks to all of you who replied !
FollowupID: 848076

Reply By: CD & JW - Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 20:21

Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 20:21
Bushtracker website has many layouts for you to look at as a start. They can be printed from the site if you prefer.

CD&JW
AnswerID: 571980

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 21:04

Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 21:04
We will be in Carins in September! Jay
AnswerID: 571981

Reply By: Dundee - Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 22:42

Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 22:42
Bernie
We have almost finalised our layout for build late Sept - we found all the hints and ideas on this forum and also the members forum invaluable ( suggest you join ) - also got some help from other members on their layout - special thanks to Stewart ( aka Black Cobra ).

Another great source is what you suggest - get inside someone's BT and see the layout - also make sure you ask the question each time - what would you have changed/added if you were buying again.

We ended up with the same basic concept as Quicksilver - same reason - owning a van currently and previous vans - where do "lounge" around other than going to bed or outside ?

Other question you have to answer yourself is who is going to use the van - our answer was "just us" - no kids, no visitors !!

Regards
AnswerID: 571982

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 22:51

Friday, Jun 15, 2007 at 22:51
Bernie, another suggestion is to look through the photos as you can often get an idea of a layout from there.

Angie
AnswerID: 571983

Reply By: Maximus - Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 01:25

Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 01:25
We will be in Cairns sometime in July. We have a 2006 21'.

Cheers

Barrie
AnswerID: 571984

Follow Up By: Tropical Wanderers - Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 03:04

Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 03:04
Hi. We live in Tully and put a similar posting on a few months ago. We got replies from owners from Mission Beach, Cairns and Mareeba.
The other thing I do is keep my eyes open at the rest areas on the highway and in town. 3 times I have approached Bushtracker owners and they have always been willing to talk and show me through their vans.
We are going to the factory next week to finalise layout and just last week I approached van owners on the highway and their layout was very similar to what we want so it was very reassuring to see it.
Like the others said good to see first hand.
Warren and Helen

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 848077

Follow Up By: SKIDRO - Monday, Jun 18, 2007 at 21:36

Monday, Jun 18, 2007 at 21:36
Barrie,
Please contact me on 0412159846 when you get to Cairns ,

Thanks

Bernie,
FollowupID: 848078

Reply By: Sundy & Cyclone - Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 23:52

Saturday, Jun 16, 2007 at 23:52
Bernie, we are in Cairns at the moment and will be here for another week or 2 and would be happy to catch up.
Did send you a message a day or so back with our mobile # . but I'm guessing you didn't access it yet.
Anyway just send a message if you're interested,
Tony
AnswerID: 571985

Our Sponsors