Gibb River Road Mud Puddle

Submitted: Friday, Jun 29, 2007 at 05:30
ThreadID: 123834 Views:4268 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

There is either a late wet or an early wet; it really doesn't matter as it is simply wet wet wet.

We are in Derby and most of the GRR is either closed or a slipping; and slidding weight restricted mud puddle!

Oh well, probably in 2009 we will again attempt the GRR.

Jay

PS: The drive up the Great Northern Highway was a quick piece of cake with very little traffic and almost no other caravans without rear vision to get stuck behind; also no head winds as there were along the coast, and as we seriously experienced after Port Hedland. Our fuel consumption significantly increased from PH to Derby compared to Perth to PH.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Friday, Jun 29, 2007 at 06:09

Friday, Jun 29, 2007 at 06:09
They are having a very very unseasonable season in the easy Kimberley - some much rain has never been seen before in June. It never raoin in June but in the last couple of weeks it has been pizzing down. Many tourists are stranded all down the Gibb. The good side is it will really boost the barra fishing in a few months time. The poor bloody farmers are winging much better - I know I used to be one.

Cheers John
AnswerID: 572279

Reply By: Sassy Sam - Tuesday, Jul 03, 2007 at 02:17

Tuesday, Jul 03, 2007 at 02:17
Hi all,

I am travelling north from Karratha and contemplating the GRR this year. However it sounds as though it may be off limits for myself and my little BT. Can anyone advise the conditions and also if anyone else is thinking of travelling the GRR later this season.
Thanks.
Regards
Sheryl
AnswerID: 572280

Our Sponsors