Only in QLD

Submitted: Friday, Jul 06, 2007 at 10:54
ThreadID: 123864 Views:4127 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The Aussie Smart Alec
Only an Aussie could pull this one off!

From the state where drink driving was considered a sport by some in years gone by, comes a true story from the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a local neighbourhood tavern. Late in the evening the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the car park for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five vehicles, the man managed to find his car, which he fell into. He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine dry night), flicked the indicators on, then off, tooted the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few cm, reversed a little and then remained stationary for a few more minutes as some more vehicles left.

At last he pulled out of the car park and started to drive slowly down the road.
The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and carried out a breathalyser test. To his amazement the breathalyser indicated no evidence of the man having consumed alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said; "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the Police station this breathalyser equipment must be broken." "I doubt it," said the man, "tonight I'm the designated decoy".

True story.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, Jul 07, 2007 at 00:14

Saturday, Jul 07, 2007 at 00:14
Luv it!

Many years ago in UK driving with my brother we had a white Jag cut us up very badly in traffic - nearly causing a pile up. Brother stopped at a phone booth just down the road (pre mobile phone days) called the local police and reported having just seen two men breaking into a white Jag registration xyz 123 - one of whom was seen stuffing a cut-down shot gun into a bag.as they entered the vehicle. They were then seen driving east on the bypass.

Some minutes later police patrol car hurtles past us. A further couple of miles down the road we passed the white Jag.hemmed in by two police cars. The two occupants braced against the car and being frisked. Another officer was searching the vehicle.

There was a huge temptation to lean out of the window and yell "Have a nice day Ar$h()le" as we drove past grinning from ear to ear.

John

AnswerID: 572369

Our Sponsors