Gympie Muster 2007

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 31, 2007 at 06:38
ThreadID: 123942 Views:4774 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have just booked our tickets for this years Gympie Muster which is on between 21st and 26th August 2007. I know of one other BOG member who will be attending.

Are there any other BOG members going to attend?

Others who would like to get information about the event can do so at www.muster.com.au

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Innkeepers - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2007 at 07:27

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2007 at 07:27
Ahh....all these wonderful gatherings and adventures...sadly we'll miss this one too Brian.....minding a motel in Rockhampton..

At least we'll be warm again.
Enjoy...
Cheers
Rick & Julie
AnswerID: 572600

Reply By: Eric & Gail - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2007 at 16:22

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2007 at 16:22
Gail & I will be there, first time for us, or grandson will be in the talent quest. which is the best area for caravans? We will be trying to get there between 12th and 15th to peg out a claim, may wander off and come back on the 21st when the action starts. Sorry we missed the Boulia races sounds like it was a hoot, just had too much to do getting the new preloved BT up to skratch nearly there. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Eric Greenwood
AnswerID: 572601

Reply By: Jimjan - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2007 at 06:58

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2007 at 06:58
Brian,

I have just purchased season tickets to the Muster. Do you know what the arrangements are re getting a van site? Have not heard of this event before and are wondering when we need to get there to ensure we get a decent site.

Jim and Jan Edson
AnswerID: 572602

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Aug 02, 2007 at 02:06

Thursday, Aug 02, 2007 at 02:06
The area is a State Forest where camping is allowed in part of it all year round. The area behind the stage area where we will be camped is called Poulsons paddock and that area was opened up today.

As of today people who have purchased a season ticket can go there and rope off an area for their van or camp to be set up on. The roped off area has to have a tent on it and you have to pay $4.50 per day Park camping fees on it up until the 17th of August when it is handed over to the Muster Committee and the money paid for the season ticket covers the camping.

In the past we have attended about 2 weeks prior and put up a $20 tent on our site and then return with the caravan at the beginning of the week that the Muster starts. The week before still has lots of good camping sites and most people (Including BTi's Tracy) arrive on the Friday afternoon and evening, and anyone arriving without a pegged out site still gets a site without any problems.

There is a small general store operating and numerous food stalls. There are pit toilets as well as semi trailers with showers and toilets set up on them. Water is available from tanks and water tankers keep filling them during the week. Saw Mill timber off cuts are supplied but they are usually a bit green so if you can find some firewood before hand to bring in it will burn better.

In front of the main stage area there is a hill that makes it like an amphitheatre where people sit to watch the shows. At 6.00am each day the security open the gates to the entertainment area and you can then go and peg out a tarp or leave your chairs so that you have reserved your spot for the days entertainment. We have found that a blue tarp with your name sprayed on it works well, and no-one interfers with it.

The area that we will be can be found by going straight ahead from the entry gate, when you come to the falk to the right keep going straight ahead and over a concrete culvert across the creek. Soon after this there will be a track to the right where the Trailer toilets and water tank is usually placed. Go past this and continue up the hill to the end of the row of trees where you can turn right again into the large open paddock. Hopefully we will be on a flat area near there.

When selecting a site it is best to have the van facing down hill, in case it rains, (which it often does during the Muster week) as starting off up hill in soft soil with the van on can be a bit hard to get moving without a tow. (Been there and done that.)

See you there.

Brian

FollowupID: 848410

Reply By: Toomelah - Tuesday, Aug 14, 2007 at 00:21

Tuesday, Aug 14, 2007 at 00:21
Brian

We plan to be there. Will probably arrive on Thursday 23rd
AnswerID: 572603

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Aug 14, 2007 at 01:24

Tuesday, Aug 14, 2007 at 01:24
Look forward to see you there.

Bato and I have sites pegged out at the top of Poulon's Hill next to the Emergency Services enclosure which is as described in above follow up posting.

I know of 3 other BT's that will be parked in the volunteer workers area the other side of the main stage, as they are all helping out on a hamburger stand.

Tracy also usually attends the event.

Brian

FollowupID: 848411

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2007 at 23:42

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2007 at 23:42
We thought we were going to get blown away last night.

Went to bed at 9.30pm with everything dead calm and at 11.00pm the wind suddenly came in blowing our large tarp that we were using to sit under, down and shaking the caravans violently.

The 2 BT's with Aussie traveller awning survived without problems but a friends Coromal van next to us had to pack up their roll out awning before it got damaged.

We probably had about 20ml of rain last night and it is still just lightly raining with winds gusting to strong at times, but apart from a bit of mud around everyone is still enjoying the atmosphere.

We dragged our awning walls out so that the group can have somewhere to sit out of the wind and rain for happy hour, but it won't be the same tonight without a fire to sit around, if the rain keeps up.

There are about 7 or 8 BT's here at the moment.

Brian

AnswerID: 572604

Our Sponsors