New Bushtracker.

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 11, 2007 at 09:03
ThreadID: 123970 Views:4253 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello All.
What excitement. It is official. Val and I take delivery of our BT on 29th August. We do a lot of reading on the forum but do not write in too often but this has to be told. We have read of others waiting for delivery but now it is our turn. It has been a long wait but worth it.
Val and I visited the factory for the second time last Monday and I still think that that upside down whale bone skeleton can not be completed by the end of this month but I am told it will be.
I mainly wrote this thread to thank the many BT owners who have helped us along the way. We were taken in and made at home on so many occasions and given so many ideas and suggestions that I firmly believe that all BT owners are kind thoughtful and so proud of the units that they can not help themselves and must show them off. We are so grateful.
Thank you to John and Sue (Birchy), Cheryl and Ian (Swanwood), Phil and Lorraine (Flipp'nLorry), Rob and Liz (Tellem Buggrem), Dave and Margaret (Kirko 1925) and Ray and Pauline (Barra). More thanks to Brian (Noosa Fox) for the kind invitation that we could not take up and to Dianne (Agnes Lifestyle) for getting us in touch with her mum and dad.
It's only 19 days to go and in one hour that will be 18 but who is counting.
Again many thanks
Col and Val
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Aug 11, 2007 at 18:48

Saturday, Aug 11, 2007 at 18:48
It sound a bit like an expectant mother, hoping that her baby will arrive on the due date without complications. Fortunately with a BT they usually arrive on time and with few problems.

Look forward to catching up, possibly at Copeton if you are able to attend.

Brian & Margaret
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 572696

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Aug 11, 2007 at 19:54

Saturday, Aug 11, 2007 at 19:54
Hi Col and Val.

Congratulations on the impending arrival. You have picked the brains of the best in pulling it all together so good luck on your pickup.

Angie
AnswerID: 572697

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, Aug 11, 2007 at 22:02

Saturday, Aug 11, 2007 at 22:02
Hi Col and Val

I am sure you will thorougherly enjoy your new arrival - This final waiting period is called 'BATTS' - but I cannot remember what it actually stands for (other than your frame of mind!). Yup, the skeleton will be finished. I went to the factory the day before we collected and thought to mjyself "There is not a hope in helll this rig will be ready for tomorrow morning" It was, parked outside all shining and clean ready to go at 0900. Collection day is full on learing all about the in and outs of how it all works.

My tip for when you leave the factory is to remember you are towing a decent sized rig and not just a car - so swing a bit wide on the corners (like the trucks do) - especially if you have the extended drawbar.

Enjoy

John and Jean
AnswerID: 572698

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Sunday, Aug 12, 2007 at 16:57

Sunday, Aug 12, 2007 at 16:57
Ooh! Aah! you bring back such memories from 2 years ago!
Excitement is yet to build to a crescendo as Pick Up Day nears!
Then - delights of the outback, the back roads, the peace of being way out where the "yobbo's" of the world are too scared to go for their off road mayhem is so wonderful and in all that comfort and quality as well.
Great news eh!
Cheers - Ian & Sally
AnswerID: 572699

Reply By: Birchy - Thursday, Aug 16, 2007 at 06:02

Thursday, Aug 16, 2007 at 06:02
Well done Col and Val,
Firstly you don't have to thank us it is all part of being a member of the BT family thanks for the mention, we look forward to meeting up with you both again.
Well that pick up day is all go, I sugest that you take a video camera or a recorder for the more technical info sessions such as TV tuning and set up of all the entertainment goodies, it's very hard to take it all in.
It is exciting, suggest you get in some early nights now as you will be to excited to sleep as it gets closer. We will be thinking of you as your BT adventure begins as you pull out of the yard, just take it easy at first don't worry the boys at BT will make sure that every thing is set up and adjusted, take you around the block a few times and in no time you will get the feel of it and wounder what you we so worked up about, it just glides along behind you.
However the one thing that you have to prepare yourself for , all the looks , open mouths, waves and the people queing up to havea look whereever you go.
Look forward to catching up with you both soon.
Regards John and Sue (BIRCHY)
AnswerID: 572700

Our Sponsors