Our van is sold

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 23, 2007 at 07:49
ThreadID: 123998 Views:4765 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Just a quick note to advise that our van now has new owners to love and care for it and hopefully enjoy many kms of great travel. We have just spent a lovely evening with Jenny and Don Mclean from Normanton and tomorrow will be handing the keys over to them.

We also had a surprise visit from Jan and Peter Spring (Motley) whilst we were all sitting enjoying the sunset from Karumba up in the Gulf. Thanks Suzanne we did end up at the Sunset Tavern. It was good for Don and Jenny to meet another BT owner couple straight after we had been telling them what a great group of people Boggers are.

Jenny and Don will be joining the financial Owners section just as soon as their feet hit the ground. I know that everyone will make them feel welcome when they see them out and about because that's what Boggers do.

We will still be dropping into the BOG forum so you haven't seen the last of us yet but our contributions may slow down a little whilst we are travelling back to Tassie to put some roots down for a little while.

Happy trails to you all.

Angie and Ivan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Innkeepers - Thursday, Aug 23, 2007 at 19:44

Thursday, Aug 23, 2007 at 19:44
Hiya Blokes,
Jeepers...that was quick...what happened to the "end of the Year"???

Well we're back in Rocky right now and leave here on Thursday next week.....the lad gets married in BrisVegas on the following Saturday and then we have a month off to travel....probably head for the channel country in SW Qld.

By the time you get to the Apple Isle the weather should be getting more comfy for you.
Safe travelling on your way South and thanks again for your hospitality...great to meet you both in here in June.

Keep Well
Cheers
Rick & Julie
AnswerID: 572804

Reply By: Slider - Thursday, Aug 23, 2007 at 22:40

Thursday, Aug 23, 2007 at 22:40
Hi Angie & Ivan,

I was rather surprised to hear you sold your Bushtracker I thought you would be out there wandering around forever!!!!

Hopefully we will still hear about what you fill your time with now, and thanks for all your help in the short time I have gotten to know you through the BOG.

And yup the sunset tavern is a wonderful place to sit and watch the sun go down after a had day out in the BOAT!!!!

Keep smiling

Suzanne
AnswerID: 572805

Reply By: F Troop - Friday, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:21

Friday, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:21
Hi Angie Ivan,
Well done on your van sale, but could you have done it any further from home ?
good luck
Graham n Jan
AnswerID: 572806

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Aug 24, 2007 at 08:14

Friday, Aug 24, 2007 at 08:14
Hi Angie and Ivan - That is a surprise! Good luck with where ever the future takes you, and sure hope you will hang around here for quite some time.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 572807

Reply By: Luvntravln - Saturday, Aug 25, 2007 at 06:26

Saturday, Aug 25, 2007 at 06:26
Ditto Ditto Ditto

Good luck in the future and perhaps if the Associate Financial Membership is adopted at the AGM we will see you at a future rally.

Cheers, Jay and Jackie
AnswerID: 572808

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Aug 25, 2007 at 18:49

Saturday, Aug 25, 2007 at 18:49
Thanks everyone.

I guess when opportunities present themselves you just have to be willing to jump in and grab them with both hands. And our future life has got lots of diversity to it and unfortunately no room for BT lifestyle. Who knows, one day we might order another one. Or even buy back the old one (LOL).

Whatever, the friendships and experiences we have made whilst being Boggers have been wonderful and like you say Jay, who knows, Cyclone Angie just might turn up at a Bogger rally again sometime to make her presence felt.

Angie and Ivan

AnswerID: 572809

Follow Up By: hendo1944 - Sunday, Aug 26, 2007 at 16:04

Sunday, Aug 26, 2007 at 16:04
Hi Angie

just to forewarn you, once you have had a few years of the 'life on the road" lifestyle, it becomes an itch that you have "just gotta scratch" again after time.
Good luck in your venture,
regards
Grant and Smillie H
New Zealand
(Copeton 04 ex Boroma owner)
FollowupID: 848506

Our Sponsors