Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 28, 2007 at 08:37
ThreadID: 124008 Views:4148 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Yep....2 more DAZE of work in this motel and then we're off to Bushtracker to pick up our BT after having some "Home Improvements" done and then A MONTH OFF.

How Sweet it is....

Out to the Channel country of SW Queensland and we'll select a few waterholes to camp by and fish and campfire and AHHH...Well you know the rest....Out Bush to play the Bushtracker way...

We'll try to keep in touch as we go and post a pic or 2...

Cheers all
Rick & Julie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtucker Man - Tuesday, Aug 28, 2007 at 21:15

Tuesday, Aug 28, 2007 at 21:15
Rick & Julie,

I envey both of you, enjoy the BT lifestyle & remember leave some fish for me we hope to travel that way early next year after our sojurn on the mighty Murray with some friends.
Rick thanks for the photo you will have to give me some lessons if we catch up with you. Maybe if I keep trying I may master the program that we have.

Cheers & safe travels....Trish & Stan
AnswerID: 572825

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Tuesday, Aug 28, 2007 at 22:09

Tuesday, Aug 28, 2007 at 22:09
Trish & Stan,
Thanks for the thoughts and by the sound of it you'll be off in search of adventure as well next year.....We're scheduling 5 weeks off in Feb-March next year and will have to think about where we should go....then 6 weeks in May-June will the next big break for us...more planning.....Yip Yah..

No worries about the pics...if you upload that "500" pic to your pictures folder here on the BOG, then you can make it your main profile pic, so that when someone clicks on to it, they'll see the clearer full size pic.

Only too glad to help out and if you want a lesson or 2 on image editing, I reckon we could do that too....Might cost you a coffee....white and 2...

I'll e-mail you with our schedule for the next week...GASP...and we'll see if we can hook up.
Cheers
Rick & Julie
FollowupID: 848516

Reply By: AUORA - Thursday, Aug 30, 2007 at 06:54

Thursday, Aug 30, 2007 at 06:54
Out of interest what sort of improvements are you having done on your B/T
Ours is only 8months old and already I'm ready to cut a corner off the table
Never stop thinking and searching. Love my B/T

Have a great trip out west
Lyn
AnswerID: 572826

Follow Up By: Innkeepers - Thursday, Aug 30, 2007 at 07:54

Thursday, Aug 30, 2007 at 07:54
Hi Lyn and thanks for your well wishes...and yes, we love our BT too...we nearly didn't buy a caravan because they were all so flimsy and Winnebago looked so well constructed...then we saw Bushtracker....

Well we had a 4th water tank installed plumbed on a separate system for drinking/cooking....we had an Aussie Traveller Roll Out type awning fitted....we had a Webasto Heater installed with a control switch at the bed...we had a Water suction line fitted to draw water from an external source when camping by waterholes and rivers... We also have the water filter and Steraliser System..... We had a double power point installed under the overhead cupboard above the dinette so we can plug in the laptop and other toys..also had towel rails fitted under the overhead cupboards...we had 2 lights installed in the cargo hold so we can find things at night....and last, but certainly not least we had the standard suspension pulled out and replaced with the 4 tonne suspension with the 3.5 Tonne spring packs to increase our legal ATM from 3.0T to 3.5T..we weighed 3.2Tonne all up and that was before the "Home Improvements".

I guess that about does it for this gripping installment of the RicknJulie BT Saga....It'll have to do as it all added up to a fair investment and now we will have a month off and no one pays us to holiday in the bush.....but we're working on it.

Keep well Lyn and keep loving your BT.
Cheers
Rick & Julie

FollowupID: 848517

Our Sponsors