We are back

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 29, 2007 at 02:00
ThreadID: 124080 Views:4121 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are back from a trip to South Aus and Vic ... had a great time and meet some great people. ... saw 3 BT's while away one on the 23rd of Aug at Burra SA about 4pm (started waving at them but they must have thought I was a nut) and one stored in their yard in Robe and the other on our last night at Lake Liddel on the way home...We got to speak to the last lot of BTers ... only been with their van for about 6 weeks..... the owner spoke of having the van start to sway and ended up being turned completely around 180 degrees.... did this on the Pacific Hwy going down the 3 lane section near Illuka.... they missed every car and only a small dent inside as a box moved and marked the fridge.very lucky... couldn't understand why it happened had the van checked out with Hayman Reece.. no answers ... water was at the front of the van not at the back .. they were only going 90km/h.

Phil was a bit frustrated as most national parks we stayed in were not allowing open fires ... we had some great winds at Robe especially when we parked right on the point and there were some great wind gusts.... it was like being rocked in a cradle.... people in pop tops lived in their vans with the tops down.

Best wishes to all sorry we missed Copton this year but will be at the next venue .. sounds exciting.
Lorraine

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Saturday, Sep 29, 2007 at 03:53

Saturday, Sep 29, 2007 at 03:53
Oh! Oh! Oh! Did you have to? Now I'm having trouble with myself - it wants to go out again! BUT there still work and house maintenance and, and........!

Seriously - sounds very nice and we sympathize with Phil re the fire bit - nothing better than a cosy fire, sounds of silence, zillions star canopy at the end of the day!
Cheers - Ian & Sally
AnswerID: 572997

Reply By: Freewheelers - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2007 at 04:43

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2007 at 04:43
hi guys
good to see you had a great time
sympathise with you re fires & although yhe drough is the main excuse that national parks use for their fire bans when you see the signs theyaare erecting re no fires seems far more permanent to us
however having just done the gibb river road keep rier natioal park etc all with temps at 35 degrees plus fires arent a big priority
currently in broome at roebuck bay for a week or two swimming in the ocean wow
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 572998

Follow Up By: Shortcuts - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2007 at 22:59

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2007 at 22:59
Hi Stephen and Deborah
We are planning to do the gibb river during our holidays next year would love to here about where you went on side trips if any and how the van went etc.
FollowupID: 848597

Our Sponsors