Are any BTpeople interested in Gold Detecting ?

Submitted: Friday, Oct 05, 2007 at 03:03
ThreadID: 124098 Views:4241 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I did an archive search but could find only one mention of gold detecting - by Grumblebum.

I am off to Victoria in early November with a friend for a weeks detecting at Dunnoly

I am going across to Cue W.A. in June to do a 11 day tagalong and Halls Creek in July for another 11 day tagalong . In between those two , I will either go across to the coast and do some fishing , or go to Nullagine for more detecting .

At the end of July , I come home to Sydney to avoid divorce , then in August set out for another 11 day detecting tagalong in Tiboorburra . After that I going to poke around Sturt NP and White Cliffs before coming home to Sydney .

All this I will accomplish in the lap of luxury, in Elvis my 16 ft BT , whereas last year over there , I swagged it all the way .

Anyone else going over to the WA goldfields this winter ?

Willie .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Oct 05, 2007 at 07:51

Friday, Oct 05, 2007 at 07:51
Hi Jigalong

Have you joined so you can access the member's forum? In a recent post on hobbies, a few members mentioned gold detecting.

Happy fossicking.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 573063

Follow Up By: Willie - Friday, Oct 05, 2007 at 08:47

Friday, Oct 05, 2007 at 08:47
No Mrs Hen , I will do it now .
Thanks ,
Willie .
FollowupID: 848641

Reply By: Spirit Gypsys - Monday, Oct 08, 2007 at 07:49

Monday, Oct 08, 2007 at 07:49
Hi Willie, yes, I chase the yellow stuff too,
I was into it real serious 30 years ago, and actually sold md's (garretts) and keene dredges.
from Mackay I did a lot at Clermont, Canoona, Mt. Wheeler and the Burdekin River plus a lot of areas around CQ and north.
then dropped out of it in the mid 80's til recently and now have a minelab extreme and am keen to get out with it every chance i get.
we're currently in Toowoomba so Thanes creek is the closest at the moment but I've only had 2 short trips there with no luck yet.

Not sure which way we're going from here before xmas.
but I always keep a lookout for BTs on our travels.
good luck, the tagalongs are a good way to get started into an area.

John.
AnswerID: 573064

Follow Up By: Willie - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 04:33

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 04:33
Thanks John , see you on the road .
Willie .
FollowupID: 848642

Reply By: Finch's nest - Monday, Oct 08, 2007 at 19:30

Monday, Oct 08, 2007 at 19:30
willie,

i live under 2 hrs from DUNNOLY. pick up our bt in mid november .gold detecting know nothing but willing to learn a good listener contact no 0429165366 clive&joan
AnswerID: 573065

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 23:13

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 23:13
As Willie said, I do a bit when in and around suitable areas, love the east Kimberley out east of Old Halls Creek.

I have a tweaked SD`2200 and usually run a 14" Nugget Finder DD XP Pro. Jean has a ML X-Terra 70 which is very light and enjoys pottering for relics - it is also great on the beach.

Being fully digital it is one of the very best VLF machines aroundand you can tweak it for almost any situation. With the upgraded DD coil it is also very capable chasing small near surface gold, providing the ground is not red hot.

Cheers John
AnswerID: 573066

Our Sponsors