Midgee annex

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 07, 2007 at 23:41
ThreadID: 124183 Views:4313 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Thinking of getting a full Midgee annex instead of a normal annex for the Aussie Traveler Awning. Has anyone gone this way or are we barking up the wrong tree.
Regards,
Brian & Linda

"Such is Life"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Dec 09, 2007 at 08:51

Sunday, Dec 09, 2007 at 08:51
I think that is a great idea and I have seen this done a couple of times
it was brilliant we were at Dundeee beach near darwin and the midgees were that bad you could not sit outside It was horrible unless you had midgee mesh
I for one will be doing the same thing for our new caravan
Regards the battler
AnswerID: 573341

Reply By: Black Cobra - Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 09:23

Thursday, Dec 20, 2007 at 09:23
Brian & Linda,

We went for the full Tennex midgee screen annex instead of the walls and I have it set up now as I am living in the BT full time while the house gets built. It is great and people in the caravan park have commented on it saying that it looks great and is very functional. It weighs bugger all and folds up very small and is very easy to erect, lets the air flow through and difuses the sunlight.

I have been away for the past 11 days and the people in the van next door only today said that they are impressed with the annex as there have been a couple of days of heavy rain here in the west while I have been away and no water entered the inside floor area.

I have a door at one end and put another door in the long side also so it gives you access depending on where and how it is set up. Very well finished off and nice to sit out in and watch the world go by.

Cheers
Stewart & Marlene
AnswerID: 573342

Follow Up By: Eric & Gail - Wednesday, Dec 26, 2007 at 17:37

Wednesday, Dec 26, 2007 at 17:37
Hi Stewart,
Where is this Tennex midge screen available?
Thanks
Eric
FollowupID: 848842

Follow Up By: Black Cobra - Friday, Dec 28, 2007 at 08:20

Friday, Dec 28, 2007 at 08:20
Eric we just had ours done by Aussie Traveller when they did the awning so can't help with other outlets but I presume it is just a brand name and available from other outlets. It is just fine black midge screen and feels very soft.

Sorry could not be of more help.

Cheers
Stewart
FollowupID: 848843

Reply By: Luvntravln - Saturday, Dec 22, 2007 at 06:36

Saturday, Dec 22, 2007 at 06:36
We just picked up our new Aussie Traveler annexe, we have midge screens on the Boroma windows - can't hardly see a difference between the tentex and the midgee screens. There was a big difference between the normal camec screens and the tentex. Check out the different materials before you incur the extra expense for the midge annexe.

cheers, Jay
AnswerID: 573343

Our Sponsors