200 turbo diesel

Submitted: Monday, Dec 03, 2007 at 04:52
ThreadID: 124244 Views:4239 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
has anyone taken delivery of a 200 series turbo diesel. Can you give us a report. And if not when do you expect delivery. Thanks Jeff.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Neil and Linda - Monday, Dec 03, 2007 at 06:37

Monday, Dec 03, 2007 at 06:37
Yes Jeff, we got ours on Friday. VX turbo diesel. On the road it is a treat to drive. I'm still running it in so I haven't really opened the throttle yet. The KDS seems to work very well on the road, it handles like a treat on winding roads. We don't pick up our van until January but I think it will make an excellent tow vehicle. How reliable all the electronics are will be the real test as there is a lot of electronic gizmo's on-board.
One problem is that the VX and Sahara only have one 93 Lt tank. I didn't know this when I ordered mine. I'm still glad I got the VX, when you pay that much for a car it's nice to have a bit of luxury on board. I guess someone will put out a larger tank that can be retro fitted.
I think we'll have to wait until someone has put in some serious miles towing a van with one before we will really know how good they are but I feel pretty confident it will be a top vehicle.

Neil
AnswerID: 573571

Reply By: Wherrol - Monday, Dec 03, 2007 at 07:52

Monday, Dec 03, 2007 at 07:52
Hi there,

We collected our 200 series GXL Diesel (with KDSS) last Tuesday and pleased to report we have managed to get a small amount of dirt on the truck and clock up 1140 kms in only a few days.

Having never had a 4 wd before the experience is awesome. Handles well, fuel seems great, rides well, and is quiet. And has almost all the specs we need including 138l fuel tank.

Down side. If you are 5ft tall there is no height adjustment on the seating. Have already got new seat covers to try and help. Can see over the steering wheel just uncomfortable. We are thinking we may have to go after market seating.

Allan and Sharon
AnswerID: 573572

Follow Up By: Yogi and Muffin - Monday, Dec 03, 2007 at 19:33

Monday, Dec 03, 2007 at 19:33
Hi Allan and Sharon,

Thanks for all your comments, it seems you are the Guinea Pigs. We picked up our truck on Friday, drives beutifully with the promise of lots of grunt once we have done a few more Km's.

Be careful with seat covers, Toyota do sell them and theirs are compatible with the side airbags but any canvas or heavier covers almost certainly will not be. Suggest you check that out before purchase.

Regards,

Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 848931

Reply By: Wherrol - Tuesday, Dec 04, 2007 at 02:15

Tuesday, Dec 04, 2007 at 02:15
Hi there,

Thanks for the tip. The seat covers we purchased are really ones that 'sit' by themselves on the back and on the seat itself. You are supposed to put elastic over the seat to hold them in place. But of course, we can't do that. So they do move a bit but once you settle your cover in position all seems fine.

Cheers
AnswerID: 573573

Our Sponsors