Australian travel notes so far....

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 05, 2007 at 19:34
ThreadID: 124250 Views:3915 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, please see www.ningalooreef.com for all our travel notes and photos now as we had some issues with the roopeace.com server.

Sorry for the hassle.

Paul and Bek
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: city_wombat2007 - Thursday, Dec 06, 2007 at 01:13

Thursday, Dec 06, 2007 at 01:13
Bek,
It was great to read your travl notes. They brought back memories of when Kay & I did the same areas in 2001. We loved Coppin Gap and Karajini. Thanks for the memories...
Allen
AnswerID: 573593

Reply By: nomorecanvas - Thursday, Dec 06, 2007 at 01:24

Thursday, Dec 06, 2007 at 01:24
Thank goodness for that. I thought I had a problem from my end.
AnswerID: 573594

Follow Up By: Keith & Joan - Thursday, Dec 06, 2007 at 03:45

Thursday, Dec 06, 2007 at 03:45
Me too ! I wondered why I could no longer get the web site.
Thank goodness I can now, it is such a good read, and very proffessionaly written. Well done.
Got to go, I have some more reading to do.

Many Thanks for taking the time to write it all down, Keith & Joan.
FollowupID: 848936

Reply By: nomorecanvas - Friday, Dec 07, 2007 at 00:22

Friday, Dec 07, 2007 at 00:22
Paul & Beck, I was reading last night again!! Came across the privacy issues with Wally. We had one of them a couple of weeks ago. We decided to spend a week at one of our local 4x4 parks near Warwick QLD. Kids had a huge time riding their push bikes around. Only a few other campers enjoying the moment. We decided to go and test out the new suspension on our old girl. Shes been from Tassy to Karumba, Birdsville to Fraser and in between. Swags on roof or towed a camper. Anyhow after a couple of hours we returned and to our Horror there was tents all around us. There was one chappy pegging out one right next to us. Not even enough room to park a car. Well our quiet week soon turned to um yeh. John let them know it and I went around the back and turned on the genny. There was acres of camping spots and the Landro*** Club from the City had to be on our door step. This is how stupid they were, we had our fire smouldering, well wed been cooking on it for a couple of nights. We started to crank it up again to put the Lamb roast on and filled their tents with smoke. Stupid Stupid. Lucky they only stayed for one night.
Sharon
AnswerID: 573595

Follow Up By: Kenso - Friday, Dec 07, 2007 at 00:34

Friday, Dec 07, 2007 at 00:34
Yeah, it could be a good idea to have a section for ROAD WALLY stories... then again could be too depressing!! We have just now returned from Kayaking Lake
Cootharaba and our once quiet lakeside site has been invaded by wallys.... will have to ask them to move their car as I cannot get out! Oh well, could be worse, we could be back in suburbia! (or are we?)

Paul & Beks
www.ningalooreef.com
FollowupID: 848937

Our Sponsors