Happy New Year and Safe Travelling

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 27, 2007 at 01:43
ThreadID: 124305 Views:3557 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Fellow Boggers........

Wishing you all safe travelling, exiting places to visit, good wines to drink and a great 2008.

John and Jean
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Dec 27, 2007 at 03:17

Thursday, Dec 27, 2007 at 03:17
All the same to you John and Jean. I'm hoping to take the BT to the Kimberley this winter - now that's exciting!

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 573819

Follow Up By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Saturday, Dec 29, 2007 at 10:24

Saturday, Dec 29, 2007 at 10:24
Motherhen,
Probably see you up that way.........we pllan on rolling down the GIbb as soon as it opens. If we get up there in time and don't get distracted by the fishing and crabbing on nthe way up!

Cheers John
FollowupID: 849050

Reply By: Shortcuts - Saturday, Dec 29, 2007 at 21:26

Saturday, Dec 29, 2007 at 21:26
John we are also heading for the Gibb River road. We live approx. 100kms from Perth and are heading off beginning of June. Since we got our bushtracker we have not had the chance to come face to face with other owners hopefully we may meet some of you out that way.
AnswerID: 573820

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Sunday, Dec 30, 2007 at 21:59

Sunday, Dec 30, 2007 at 21:59
Hi Shortcuts

Where are you based? I hope we can leave home (300 kms south of Perth) around mid May and head north.

We travel on UHF 40, and hail BTs as we pass them, although not many have responded. Of those we do meet, many are not on this forum. We will watch for you and others. I don't intend using internet while away.

Even my children are getting trained at Bushtracker spotting. One son wasn't game to hail them on UHF but took photos of the two he saw on GRR last winter - one forum member acknowledged came forward. My daughter talked to a BOG member (who we had met the previous year) on UHF out on the road in the Pilbara during the winter. She waved like mad at the one near Balingup recently as she didn't have UHF - they probably thought the driver was nuts!

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

FollowupID: 849051

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Monday, Dec 31, 2007 at 03:10

Monday, Dec 31, 2007 at 03:10
Our loose plans are to head off towards end of April, call in on some friends at Geraldton and take a visit out to the Abrolhas Islands for a few days, then sit on our bums at Lefroy Bay Ningaloo for a couple of months, then head further North eventually making our way to Kununurra, that should fill in 6 months :-)

UHF is always on scan.
FollowupID: 849052

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Dec 31, 2007 at 03:20

Monday, Dec 31, 2007 at 03:20
Hi Mick and Vickie

Ah the beautiful turquoise Ningaloo coastline.

We want to spend a bit of time with our son at Wickham, but he will be going to Thailand some time in May, and our plans are very loose.

Hope to meet you out on the road somewhere.

Motherhen & Rooster
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

FollowupID: 849053

Reply By: Shortcuts - Tuesday, Jan 01, 2008 at 02:18

Tuesday, Jan 01, 2008 at 02:18
Hi Motherhen we are a little place called Clackline east of Perth. We will keep an eye out for you when we head up North.
AnswerID: 573821

Our Sponsors