Tassie visitors this summer - Free camping

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 06:03
ThreadID: 124334 Views:4462 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

I have noticed that quite a few are travelling to Tassie in Jan/Feb/March

I have a shack at White Beach which is just out of Nubeena which is 11k from Port Arthur and would love to catch up with some of you if you are down - our BT is parked at the shack at the moment and we won't be off until May/June. Give us a call on 0418781042 and we will provide some hospitality and maybe a Crayfish or Atlantic Salmon if they are still about.

I would also like to pass on an invite by the president of the local RSL ( Tasman ex-Servicemen's and Women's Association.

They are offering free parking of self contained caravan's at the club which is a great area with showers and toilet availabe - donation accepted the Nubeena Council have a Dump point which is handy. The presidentts name is Fred Wilson his home numbers are 03 62502780/0400807394 and the Clun number is 03 62502135.

This is an excellent site acroos the road from Parsons Bay and with great views.

There is a caravan park at White Beach but is usually booked out ( and it is a caravan park!) although it is located right on the beach.

Hope to see some of you - let me know if you are interested

Regards

Wayne

Helen & Wayne

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fred & Marj - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 06:04

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 06:04
SORRY ABOUT THE TYPO'S MY FINGERS ARE TOO BIG OR THE KEYS TOO SMALL!!!
Helen & Wayne

AnswerID: 573981

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 06:52

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 06:52
Very kind of you Wayne, we loved Tassie when we visitied Dec 2005 for around 7 - 8 weeks, so much free camping that is encouraged. We will be back for another visit at some time.

FollowupID: 849138

Reply By: Boystoy - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 09:29

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2008 at 09:29
Hi Wayne & Pat,

Thanks for the invite, love to make contact with our southern neighbours.
Not sure of dates as yet, but we should be in your area towards end Feb 08.
Look forward to meeting you.

Neil & Pat
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

AnswerID: 573982

Reply By: The paca people - Thursday, Jan 10, 2008 at 20:00

Thursday, Jan 10, 2008 at 20:00
Hi Wayne & Pat,

We depart the north island for the great South Island on Saturday (12 Jan); we will be visiting the Tassie Bushies near Devonport to start with and alpaca breeding friends near Huonville and will definately take you up on your offer to visit near the prison.
We plan to stay in Tassie for about 3 months so will phone you a little further down the track.

Cheers from Martin & Christine
0428 321 332
AnswerID: 573983

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 00:23

Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 00:23
Hi Wayne & Pat

Thanks for the kind invite to visit. If we are in the area we would love to catch up and get some local tips on some of Tassie's hotspots.

We arrive on the 26th January with the main aim this trip of getting to the top of Cradle Mountain and the Walls of Jerusalem (In good weather).
Tassie is one of our favourite spots and rivals many aspects of NZ's South Island.
This will be our third visit, the last two aboard our Kedron 16' pop-top. It was freezing at times but our 03/07 19' BT is like a palace to us especially with the Webasto heater aboard.

Hope to see you there.

Happy & safe travels

Kind Regards
Greg & Diane
AnswerID: 573984

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 08:39

Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 08:39
Wayne, with apologies for butting in on your thread, as those going to Tassie will be likely to follow this thread i draw attention to the trip planning document

'Hints for Touring Tassie' can be found in the documents folder - go to "my home" and scroll down to the documents and find it in the list, posted January 2006. Peter and Jennifer placed this excellent touring advice at a time when around 10 BT owners were heading to Tassie. When my daughter who had spent a year in Tasmania saw it, she said it is brilliant, as the plan takes you around the outer edge of the island, as well as around the inland, without backtracking.

All going this year, i envy you and have wonderful memories of our 7 weeks there almost two years ago. Wonderful and very scenic island, with wonderful friendly people in the good old fashioned way.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 573985

Our Sponsors