Is Yer Dad Home?

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 at 21:42
ThreadID: 124353 Views:4064 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Is yer Dad home?

A Queensland farmer got in his ute and drove to a neighbouring farm and knocked at the farmhouse door. A young boy, about nine, opened the door.

"Is your Dad home"? the farmer asked.

"Sorry mate, he isn't" the boy replied. "He went into town."

"Well," said the farmer, "Is your mum here"?

"No, sir, she's not here either. She went into town with Dad."

"How about your brother, Greg? Is he here"?

"He went with Mum and Dad."

The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other and mumbling to himself.

"Is there anything I can do for ya"? the boy asked politely. "I know where all the tools are if you want to borrow one. Or maybe, I could take a message for Dad."

"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to your Dad. It's about your brother Greg getting my daughter pregnant."

The boy considered for a moment.

"You'd have to talk to Dad about that," he finally conceded. "If it helps you any, I know that Dad charges $200 for the bull and $150 for the pig, but I really don't know how much he gets for Greg."

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Toomelah - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:09

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:09
Nice one Brian. Evelyn and I had a good chuckle. We'll be moving back into our Budewrim House over the Australia Day weekend so will give you a call soon.
AnswerID: 574061

Follow Up By:- Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 07:48

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008 at 07:48
mate you have gotta love, it keep up the good work the battler !!!!!
FollowupID: 849177

Follow Up By:- Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 19:40

Monday, Feb 11, 2008 at 19:40
This theme was a sketch in The Two Ronnies years ago complete with the appropriate local dialect accent. Thanks for the reminder.
Ern
FollowupID: 849178

Our Sponsors