Bathroom

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 06, 2008 at 21:09
ThreadID: 124405 Views:5527 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
To all you cleaning enthusiastic's wishing to know what is the best product to use to clean shower and toilet without damaging the surfaces. Also what to put down the drain to clean the pipes out.

Jacki
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TroopyTracker - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 10:30

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 10:30
Jacki,

"Chux magic eraser" for the bathroom (and anywhere else for that matter) this stuff is unbelievable and contains no chemicals! Down the drain??? Rather than use anything nasty, a cup of vinegar down each drain wouldn't hurt I'd guess.

Matt
AnswerID: 574232

Follow Up By: Rockgoc - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 05:09

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 05:09
Matt pardon my ignorance, but is this Magic Eraser a liquid or a cloth? Never heard of it! Mind you, I don't go browsing the supermarket shelves much ...so any advice would be helpful...thanks, Jan O
FollowupID: 849279

Follow Up By: TroopyTracker - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 08:29

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 08:29
Jan,

It is a cloth, with strands something like 10000 times finer than a human hair!!!

If you can wait a couple of weeks we might just be able to give you a sample in person :-))) Might be doing swing after next in sunny Newman....

Matt

FollowupID: 849280

Reply By: The paca people - Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 23:15

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 at 23:15
Hi Jacki,
Re cleaning the the drain line, first have a look at the route of the original installed sink drain line. Our rear sink drain line went down thru a shelf; along the bottom edge of the rear cupboard towards the caravan door then up to the level of the "rear fold line": of the van bodywork, across thru the pantry cupboard adjacnt to the caravan door then down to the front of the cupboard again then out thru the caravan body and back across underneath the van to the off-side near the shower drain !! How about that routing ? The result is a long length of hose whic collects stagnant water ex the sink and goodness knows whay grunge.

When doing another mod [adding rear support legs] I had to move the sink drain hose and re-routed it direclty down from the sink, thru the base corner of the van and across to near the shower outlet. Result : fast, complete draining of the sink hose and no pong !

Hope that gives you another line of thought.
Cheers from Martin B - currently freezing in Strahan, Tas.
AnswerID: 574233

Our Sponsors